|34|

M I L O

Xavier has a turkey on his head.

I walked in Rora and Bruna's dorm room because that's where thanksgiving was supposed to be at, and I'm regretting even walking in here.

I take a deep breath. "Xavier?"

He turns around.

"The other way."

He turns around again and faces me. "Hi."

"What the fuck is on your head?"

"I wanted to scare Rory!"

"And how did that go?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

He stays quiet for a long time, but finally mumbles something. "She got mad at me and went to buy another turkey."

"And you're keeping this on, why?"

"It won't come out."

"Great, you keep trying, then." I say, walking out.

"Wait, no! Help me get this stupid thing out, please."

"You're such a fucking idiot, Xavier. I'll get Aarush, hold on." I say.

I get Aarush and after giving him a lecture, we finally make him sit on the couch and pull the turkey from his head.

Aarush throws the turkey away while I stare at Xavier, disappointed.

"I didn't mean for it to get stuck!"

"What's more concerning is why that idea even struck through your brain, Xavier." I say. "Go wash your face."

Rory arrives a little while. We help cook the turkey- without Xavier's help this time- and we're soon all sitting around the table.

Rory and I are heading to Manchester right after dinner to her parents' house for thanksgiving. She thought we should do it between all of us too before.

"Hey, you guys have plans after? I forgot to ask." Rora asks.

"Nope." They all say in sync.

"Really? Not even you, Will?" Rora asks.

"No, my parents aren't in town." Willow shrugs.

"You, Xav?"

"My grandma died, so, no."

"Oh, im so sorry. Are you okay?'

"She's like 101 years old, Rory. It's about damn time." Xavier scoffs. "You should see what she left me, though."

"You guys should come along with me." Rory says.

My eyes widen. "No- no."

A whole damn weekend with all of them? In one house? No. Fuck no. I already have to deal with Rora's dad and- no.

"Come on, Miles. It'll be nice. We'll have dinner and drive back tomorrow night. My dad won't even be home too much tomorrow so we can stay home and do something."