eight; don't touch me

♥

I've now had three sessions with Layla. Despite everything going on at home with Reign, and Everett losing his mind every second of the day, I actually need something else to focus on. Even if I'm worried shitless about Reign and where she is.

All I've been praying for is that she's safe and she comes home soon. Even if Everett fucked up and said things he didn't mean. He's got a lot of grovelling to do when he finally finds her.

Layla has been trying to dig deeper into the reasons on why my addiction to sex has become so intense over the last few years. I mean there are a lot of reasons–a lot of them.

She's dug deep from when my mother left with Fran years and years ago. Not even knowing that she died until Fran came home about eight months ago and told us of her passing.

Knowing that my parents' mate bond deteriorated and that's why they needed time apart.

My total lack of trust in the Moon Goddess.

If I could see their relationship fall apart, two people I thought were so deeply, truly in love. Then what could a bond really feel like if they had to have time apart after years of being together, of being mated and knowing they're meant to spend the rest of their lives together.

Abandonment issues. That's what Layla said.

I suppose after Fran met Jesse and Everett met Reign, I went a little crazy at the sex parties. Having sex with absolutely anyone, even people I said I'd never sleep with again and now it's coming back to me.

I was trying to fill that void of seeing everyone else move on. Fearful of what might happen to them that happened to our parents. I don't want to see any of my siblings how they were, it was chaotic, traumatic and that's why I busied myself in other male wolves

Pretending that nothing else in the world existed.

But somewhere out there in the world was Nate.

And I underestimated everything. My whole life. Now I want to put it right. I want to get better. I want to be a better person for myself more than anyone because who knows how far I might have taken it.

Destroying my entire mental health without knowing. This was the eye opener I needed because Nate deserves a mate that will treat him like a Royal Prince and I am going to prove myself by treating him like a fucking King.

In the last ten minutes of our session, Layla suggested taking medication for my urges, for levelling out my emotions, for my growing anxiety. The thought didn't sit with me right away but she told me to think about it, do some research of my own and come back to her next session with my thoughts.

It's not that I'm against medication–the idea slightly terrifies me.

My pride burning brighter than the sun and she's right, I need to do my own research to come to my own decisions.