twenty-three; disgusting

♥

Seeing Milo like this is painful. Not only can I smell his arousal dripping off him but wave after wave of shame and discomfort. It makes my heart twist with agony because he is expecting me to be repulsed by this behaviour but I'm not.

After he told me about his sex addiction I took to Google to learn more about it and what I can do to help. What I learnt is that it's like any other addiction and even though some people might not take it seriously, it can ruin so many lives.

The high that Milo chases is the chemicals that are released after an orgasm. I presume when he used to go to those sex parties, he was also chasing the feeling of being content with someone else because the experience as a whole must be so damn isolating. If he's going to feel some type of way, he might as well do it in the company of other people and surprisingly, I understood that.

Right now he can barely look at me and I hate that he's hiding away.

Once I have my t-shirt over my head and we're walking in the opposite direction to Viola, Elin and Zade, we fall into an uncomfortable silence. I don't ever want to see him like this, like he can't talk to me because he's fearful of what I'll think.

But since he mentioned his addiction, I have seen through his previous escapades.

They really don't define him. That wasn't a lifestyle, he was doing it to help himself survive some dark times. I wish I knew him before so I could have helped him out of it instead of him taking this spiralling route.

I glance at him again but he's looking at the floor.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I offer.

Milo scoffs. "No thank you, I'm already swimming in embarrassment."

I frown at his words. "I mean about everything," I clarify. "How you're feeling, what's been going on lately. I don't mean the last ten minutes."

He sucks in a breath and I hear it clearly in my ears, then he finally drags those blue eyes towards me. The amount of guilt behind them makes me want to tug him into a hug but he didn't want me to touch him earlier and I don't want to set him off.

"Do you really want to hear about it?" The uncertainty in his voice doesn't sit well for me.

To my understanding, mates should be there for one another. To listen. I know he did it for me the other day when I turned up at his pack house without an invitation and he didn't care one bit, if anything he looked relieved that I could come to him with my problems.

"Of course, Milo," I say gently. "I want to know everything. Everything that you're willing to tell me."

His eyes flick between mine and he draws them away when he notices me staring back. I stay silent for a few moments, waiting for him to open up first without any prompts. Even if he doesn't speak, I hope the walk and being in my company will help how he's feeling right now.