fifteen; square one

AN: Hey huns. Votes and comments help me update sooo much quicker! Please don't forget to press the star button and comment along the way. It makes me so happy to know that you guys are enjoying!

 It makes me so happy to know that you guys are enjoying!

Reign and Everett officially mated a few weeks ago and today is their coronation, by bringing Reign into this pack and announcing her the pack's Luna. Everett has never been more proud and I'm amazed by her strength and willpower after everything she's been through.

She is a super woman.

I've been standing here waiting for Everett to get ready for the best part of an hour, desperate to get downstairs and live up this night of fun and family. I definitely need it after the last conversation I had with Nate.

He hasn't really spoken to me since and I get that the conversation we had was uncomfortable but he wanted me to be honest–so I was honest.

I walk towards the mirror and help Everett adjust his tie. It's obvious he's nervous but he'll never admit it–he's desperate to see Reign. So am I. I bet she looks absolutely beautiful.

"We should have more parties," my brother comments as he watches his reflection.

I quirk an eyebrow in his direction. "I've been begging you to have a party for fucking years."

He would never agree to one because he was worried the house would get trashed.

"Not your kind of parties," he comments with a sly eye roll.

My heart stammers in my chest. "And what is that supposed to mean?"

Everett glances at me and in this light, his eyes are much paler than usual. The sunlight is making them almost transparent, like the bluest sea you could find. "You know what I mean," he tilts his head. "I mean sophisticated parties by inviting other packs from the district, even just seeing Kassian and Cleo's pack. It's nice to get dressed up, don't you think?"

I nod in agreement. "Yeah, I like getting dressed up too. Feels very official."

My fingers continue to fiddle with his tie until it's perfect and then I smooth out the collar and glance back in the mirror. "All good?" He asks. It is his night after all and I know he'll want to be looking the best he possibly can.

"All good," I pat him on the shoulder in response.

I admire him for a moment, even though we're brothers we couldn't look more different. We might have similar coloured eyes but everything else is unique to us, considering Everett has blonde hair that some men would die for. The perfect mix of champagne and caramel strands all melted into one.

"What do you think?" I step out of the way and allow him to fully look at himself in the mirror.

He flicks his gaze over his own attire, a small smile on his lips in approval. "I look great," he nods and throws me a cocky grin. "Thank you."