fourteen; hard questions

♥

I haven't seen Milo for a few days, since our hug. I haven't been able to get it off my mind since, I've been stupidly distracted. And no matter how much I washed my clothes or my body, I could still smell his scent everywhere.

It's like my wolf has become used to the scent and has reproduced it itself. I might be going crazy. In fact, I know I'm going absolutely insane.

We've been training like crazy this week with my father, now that Leon's health is deteriorating, he's taking everything so damn seriously. Although this time he didn't take a chance at pushing Viola's luck, I would not stand for that again.

Having Milo on my mind is a dangerous distraction because focusing has been nearly impossible and exhausting. My mind has been working a thousand miles a minute to fixate on everything at once.

After training today I head back to my room and take a shower, feeling my muscles begin to ache in my arms. The only good thing about training with my dad, he works us so hard that I begin to see true definition in my body and I love to see it.

The carved toned muscle in my bicep begins to show and I always love the bump a good training session gives me–even if I hate training with my dad altogether.

I find myself staring out of the window endlessly when I feel a presence beside me, Viola narrows her eyes and folds her arms across her chest and I already know what she's thinking.

"Are you seriously getting worked up over a hug? It happened days ago."

My wolf growls at her words but I shake my head. "Shut up, Vi," I say calmly. "You don't have a mate so you don't get an opinion."

She flinches slightly from my words. "Ouch," she rolls her eyes and retreats to my bed. "Thanks for the reminder there."

"I'm sorry," I say after a few moments and I press my back into the headboard on my bed.

"I'm gutted I didn't get to see him," she admits, hugging one of my pillows to her chest. "I can't believe you brought him here and didn't bother to tell me!"

I shrug helplessly. "It was a last minute thing. It was pouring with rain and we were nearby. He didn't stay for long but it was nice. I enjoyed it."

Viola rolls her eyes. "You've told me a thousand times how amazing the hug was," she holds up her hands in defence. "I get it."

My hand raises to push her shoulder gently. "You'll understand why I've been going crazy soon."

"Soon," she repeats, she tries to cover the sadness in her eyes but I catch it before she blinks it away. "So are you feeling better about things between the pair of you?"