thirty-four; scared

♥

Elin and Zade are at my side as I rush towards Viola. The yelps of fear and pain that escape her mouth has me shuddering. No one hurts my sister, no one takes her away from her family. Not before I slaughter them all for hurting her.

Nate. Her voice whimpers this time.

One of the wolves flicks their head over towards us and they speed away, dragging Viola along with them. I snarl and rush forward, tackling one of them to the ground and slashing them over and over until I can see veins, intestines and endless blood.

Zade chases after Viola as Elin tackles the other wolf. I glance up, finding the final wolf rubbing himself all over Viola as she shakes and whimpers at his touch, I grind my teeth together and growl in his direction.

His dark midnight eyes find mine and before I can pounce, he storms away. I feel my beast desperate to chase him but as I plan to kill the fucker, I hear Viola's voice in my head.

Nate. She sobs. Nate, my leg. It hurts.

My head twists to Zade and Elin, I give them one nod and they rush to chase after the last wolf who had covered my sister in his vile scent, enough to make my wolf turn angry and bloodthirsty. But I have to focus on Viola. She needs me.

I stop beside her. It's alright, I'm here. I reassure her.

Viola wriggles on her back, still in my beast form, I lower down to the ground to inspect her wound. When her eyes find mine, fear consumes them. Nate?!

It's me. I reassure her by placing my claw-like hand on her non-injured leg.

W-What? Why do you look like that? What is going on?

Breathe. I say gently. I don't know what happened but when my wolf was fuelled with anger, I shifted into this form.

Viola's wolf clenches its throat and then shakes her head in disbelief. How?

I don't know. I admit. But let's focus on getting you back to the house and getting your leg healed, okay? We need to get away from here in case there are more wolves that haven't been killed yet.

She continues to stare at me and then she nods. Okay.

Elin and Zade soon return as I attempt to help Viola up, still in her wolf form. I pull her into my arms as I glance at the pair of them.

Lost him. Elin sighs. He got away, stupid fast.

My nostrils flare but I shake my head. He dare come near her again, I'll murder him with my bare hands.

Elin's wolf stares back at me. Do you think...

I want to make sure Viola is okay first before we start asking any questions. She is my priority right now.