02

As Felix and Hyunjin grew older, their friendship started to develop they were pretty close with one another.

Hyunjins parents took Felix in, but kept him safe because of his unique features. They were skeptical about taking in the creature but gave in once the older little boy had pleaded. Hyunjin wanted to learn about Felix, how he brushed his fangs, sees with his glowing eyes and do handstand with his abnormal hands.

When they were in their preteen years, Hyunjin noticed a change in the glowing boys voice, it was pretty deep. Almost like a monster. He liked that a lot, and It didn't bother him one bit, but only when they were sleeping.

As Hyunjins mother was cooking, she said something that shocked them both. "You guys are old enough to start school! But..unfortunately for Felix he can't go."

Felix looked confused, he didn't know what was school for him.

"Mother really? I mean come on he can hide himself! It's not that big of a deal." The boy defended Felix. He stood up and wanted to make his point.

"I'm not risking it, you know what happened to your uncle when he was living here. He has a genetic mutation and they lynched him." His mother argued back while putting the kimchi in the fridge.

"It's really not that big of a deal.." Hyunjin spoke back while raising his voice.

"What's school?" Felix interrupted.

Hyunjin looked confused. Did they not have school where he was born at? He sat back down next to the younger and told him what school was.

"School like this big building were you learn about  math which consist of numbers, and science where they take chemicals and go BOOM! Maybe we can know what you are in science?" Hyunjin explained, he used his hands to make gestures which fascinated the creature.

"Woah so that's school? My mother said we just learn buy drinking a special potion and boom..we know everything." Felix stated.

"It would be fun to learn like that!" Felix added on to his statement.

"Yeah it's pretty cool! We learn so many things and honestly it's really cool." Hyunjin smiled and played with the youngers hair.

"How old are you Felix?" The older asked the other.

"Well..in my planet, my mom told me it takes 3 times for earth to wrap around the sun! so.. i'm eight!" He smiled and took a drink from the tea Hyunjins dad poured.

"Well in earth..i guess you're eleven?" He raised one of his eyebrow in confusion.

"Eleven it is!!"

They both giggled and laughed.

"Also boys we are moving to the city." Hyunjins dad blurted out. The city? Hyunjin always heard of that and was fond of it. He's seen pictures all over and it's been a blast for him to go there one day.

"THE CITY? REALLY?" Hyunjin got up from his chair and started to jump around while his mom was preparing food.

"Hyunjin sit down." Felix said.

"Okay." He let out in a quite calm tone. They both laughed it off.

"What's the city?" Felix asks.

"Well the city is a big place with a lot of buildings, shops, and it doesn't have many grass or forest areas." Hyunjins dad spoke out.

"What's a building?" Felix asked again. The younger had so many questions, which were mostly answered, they had laughed singed ate and was ready for bed. Hyunjin took felix to their bed and laid down reading a book.

"And the fox ran in the snow, and slowly fell asleep..the end!" Felix closed the book and clapped softly not wanting to wake anyone up.

Felix felt himself slipping off the bed, and before Hyunjin could pick him up, he started to float above the ground, not too big but not too low.

"Woah.." His eyes grew and was no longer tired. The older felt the youngers leg and it was real, he was flying. He wasn't expecting that. Felix slowly went down controlling himself, and later sat down back on the bed. They were both really excited and celebrated but not too loud.

"I can't believe that..you know you have to hide that you know!"

"Yeah i know..that was pretty cool though I didn't even think i was capable of doing that, I've been my Mother fly but she's old!"

They both laughed at that last statement and proceeded to lay down.

It was silent for a few moments, and then Hyunjin broke the silence.

"You know..if it weren't for me staying late at night while walking for my Mother..I wouldn't have met you. You'd probably be killed already!"

"Really? People really must hate abnormal people." The younger replied. He's been learning new words everyday, and looking at books that Hyunjins parents buy him.

"Definitely." Hyunjin nodded.

They ended up slowly falling asleep, listening to the sound of the wind and rain coming down in their roof.