Chapter 2

Ava's POV

After finishing dinner, I decided to explore to find the bathroom. Although I didn't have any clothes to change into I decided to sink into the deep bath that I found. It filled quickly and I sank into the hot water with relief. My muscles begin to relax and before I knew it I drifted off.

When I woke the water was cooling. I toweled off quickly and got back into my clothing. When I got out into the bedroom area I was pleased to see that my bags were on the bed.

Walking out into the living area I was pleased to see books in English on the bookshelf. I would be able to entertain myself for a long time with all of these books. In addition there was a television, dvd player and various DVDs.

I slept horribly on the plane and it had been too long since I'd had a relaxing night sleep. I'd been wound too tightly considering that I knew when I began my trip that I was going to possible death. I dug around in my bag and found my pajamas. I curled up under the covers and instantly fell into a deep sleep.

I woke early in the morning. It took a little time to shower, dress and do my hair but when I was ready I went into the living room area. I laughed while I looked at the bookshelf thinking Demetri must have a sense of humor. Both Dracula and Interview with a Vampire were there. I picked up Interview with a Vampire and began to read.

I had only begun reading when there was a knock on my door. I opened the door and I was happy to find Demetri with my breakfast.

"Good morning, Ava. I am getting ready to go to court for the day," Demetri said, "Madison will be your guard while I am gone. This afternoon I am going to go train with the elite guards. Would you like to accompany me?"

"Thank you, Master Demetri. I would very much like to accompany you."

"I'll be back this afternoon then, Ava."

Going back to her reading Ava entertained herself through the morning.

Promptly at noon there was another knock on the door. I answered it and was met with the face of a tall, blond stranger with bright red eyes.

"Hello, Ava, I'm Madison. I'm your guard, and I've brought your lunch today."

"Thank you Madison, I appreciate it. I was starting to get very hungry."

"I'll just put this on the table and get out of your way. If you need me I'll be right outside of the door."

"Thank you Madison. I really appreciate your help." I said. "Thank you for bringing my lunch."

After a tasty lunch of shrimp linguine another knock was heard at the door. I got up quickly greet Demetri.

"Master Demetri," I greeted. I realized as I stood in the door that I was excited for the outing.

"Have you had a good morning, Ava?" Demetri asked.

"I have and I'm very eager to meet the other elite guards."

Following him quickly through the winding hallways he opened a double doorway to a large space.

Demetri walked in and I followed closely behind him. There were four people inside.

"You've already met Felix," Demetri said.

"Hi Felix," I said.

"Hi little one. How are you getting settled?" Felix asked.

"Very good. Demetri has seen to me very well so far." I said.

"This is Jane," A young girl waved at me.

"Hi Jane, It's nice to meet you."

"This is Reneta," Demetri nodded at a medium height brunette.

"Hi, Reneta, What do you do here?"