Chapter 27

My head was still spinning from the drinks and now from the highs of my orgasm. Spencer reached over to his bedside table, grabbing some tissues and carefully cleaning up before he returned to kiss me and untie the restraint. His fingers carefully worked the knots to undo them, before brushing his soft lips over the red marks on my wrists, kissing every inch of them and then kissing down my scar.

"You are the most beautiful woman in the world. What did I do to deserve you?" he said softly, brushing the hair out of my face and kissing my forehead. "Should I run a shower for us?"

I looked longingly into his eyes before smiling and starting to play with his hair. "I don't think I'd be able to stand, even if I wanted to" I giggled as he smirked, and I pulled him in to kiss him.

"Okay. Well, I'll go make us some tea, and then we'll just rest, okay?" He kissed my forehead before he threw on a pair of sweats from his closet and left the room. I found my panties and an oversized t-shirt of Spencer's which I put on before stumbling over to his bathroom to pee. As I looked at my messy makeup and dishevelled hair in the mirror, I noticed a small bamboo container on his counter, filled with a toothbrush, makeup remover, deodorant, and even a box of tampons.

"Honestly I've never bought tampons before, and I wasn't sure if you even used them but the lady in the aisle said the combo pack was the best bet..." his voice soft and quiet as he came in behind me, noticing me looking through the little container.

"Spence— you did all of this for me?" I turned to face him, and when he realized I was wearing one of his shirts he smiled one of the biggest smiles I've ever seen from Reid.

"I want you to feel comfortable here, and part of that is having things you might need. I even got some of the snacks you keep in your pantry and go-bag, I assumed those were your favourites". I wrapped my arms around his neck and he placed his hands ever so softly on my hips.

"What did I do to deserve you? Nobody has ever done something like this for me before. I love you, Spencer Reid" I stood on my tiptoes to kiss him as I pulled him closer to me; his grip on my waist tightening.

"Charlotte Hillburg, I love you more than I ever knew was possible" he kissed me in return, and then scooped me up and brought me over to his bed where our teas were waiting on his bedside table.

I curled up beside him, resting my head on his shoulder as he traced lines on my arm with his fingers. The thing with Spencer was that we didn't need to fill every silence with conversation; we could just be together and that was enough. He brought me a feeling of security, love and home that subconsciously I was searching for my whole life. And now, lying here in his arms, is where I found my future.

"You know," he said, breaking the silence "you look way better in this shirt than I ever could".

"I don't think I would ever picture you in sweats and a graphic t-shirt, but I kinda like the idea of it... you in a relaxed state, seems like a rare sight" I teased ever so slightly as he laughed.

"I'll have you know, I can relax" he pulled away so he could look me in the eyes, and I adjusted my position so I was now facing him.

"Oh yeah? Tell me, when was the last time the genius took a moment to relax, and what exactly did you do to relax?"

"Well, a few months ago I—"

"A few months?! How do you just keep going all the time?" I cut him off.

"I didn't see the point in slowing down. I was just as effective if I kept going versus if I took time to do some mindless task. I never really had a reason to slow down and separate from work or academia" he said, trailing off as though there was more to the thought.

"It seems like you're holding something back from me here..." I said as I watched his eyes scan my body looking for answers.

"It was only when I met you, after that first case you worked with us... that no matter how hard I tried to do other things, my mind was completely occupied. I couldn't think straight for more than four seconds, rendering me the dumbest person in the room. All I could think about was you" he looked back into my eyes. I took his hand in mine and gently kissed the back of his hand while he admired me. I then adjusted so I was cuddled up beside him again, and he carefully pulled the blankets up to cover our legs.

"It was the same for me, except I'm not a genius so my team didn't really feel the impact of my distracted mind. But I definitely relax more than once every few months" I let out a slight laugh as he pulled me in closer, sinking deeper into the bed. I put my hand on his bare chest, feeling his heartbeat under my palm as I closed my eyes, slowing my breathing. Months ago if you had asked me what my safe place was, I would've said my apartment. But now... it's in Spencer's arms; doesn't matter where we are, as long as I'm with him I know I'm safe.

He kissed my forehead before moving to tuck us both in better, turning off the bedside lamp so darkness swallowed the room. And while I stayed wrapped in his arms, listening to his heartbeat and breathing, I slipped further and further into sleep.