9.real life

Excitement ran through Madelines veins as she waited for Harry to be home. She had decorated their home, flown out their families and spoiled him with gifts to surprise him.

Now, she just waited for him to come home from his morning jog.

Suddenly, she heard the clicking of the lock, knowing it was him, she gathered the guests so they could sing 'Happy Birthday' to the now twenty-nine year old.

Harry quickly got over his initial shock on walking into the people he was closest with, in Italy, wishing him a happy birthday.

His hand's immediately flew to his face, covering the tears that were trying to escape. Quietly, Anne walked up to him and hugged him while Madeline began to get the cake from the kitchen.

After Harry was guided to the sofa from his mum, both his and Madeline's family gathered around him, showering him with love.

'Where's Mads gone?' he enquired to no one in particular. The sound of her laughter made Harry turn around only to see her with a cake (that she most likely made) lit up with candles.

'Make a wish' Madeline spoke softly when she reached him. Soon enough, all the candles were blown out and the aroma of smoke danced around the room, thriving in the joyous atmosphere.

Quickly, Harry looked up at Madeline, love sparkling in his eyes. Their moment didn't last too long as Madelines sister interrupted them.

'Harry i got you a present,' Arabella exclaimed, shoving the bag in his hands, wanting him to open it, despite the protests of her mother.

'Thank you Bella,' Harry spoke, opening it. Inside was a piece of paper encased in a frame, it stated all of the albums Harry had released, including One Direction, the sales and streams number next to them all, and cutout images of him at that time that stood like soldiers protecting their album.

A grateful smile etched its way on Harry's face as he hugged Arabella, thanking her over and over again.

After that, the gift giving snowballed out, everyone was now giving Harry the gifts he deserved.

As the day went on, laughter overtook the room as stories and memories were exchanged.

Madeline, somehow, managed to drag Harry away to give him his gifts without being in the presence of others.

"Here, open these" Madeline commanded, giving Harry two boxes covered in wrapping paper.

"Okay darling," Harry replied.

Inside the boxes were a few records that Harry had been searching for, Fleetwood Mac, Elvis, Nirvana, were all among them but the final one was Harry's favourite: To Love by Madeline Blake. Except the pressing was a collage of images of Madeline and Harry, luckily there were two copies of the vinyl because Madeline knew Harry wouldn't put the collage copy anywhere next to a record player.

"You are the first person in the world to have that album," whispered Madeline, scared of a bad reaction from her boyfriend.

"I love it!' spoke Harry, giving her the biggest hug possible, 'Thank you so much! It is my favourite present ever. I love you, Darling"

Madelines face broke out in a smile, all fear leaving her body.

After Harry had been given the rest of his gifts from Madeline, they made their way back to their family.

"Harry i think you should put a record on," his sister spoke, knowing what he had just been given.

So, Harry played 'To Love' for the first time, his arm around the girl he loved, his family (and girlfriends family, who he thought of as family) surrounding him, making his day as special as possible.

When the song 'Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart' began to play, Harry focused his gaze on Madeline who lay beside him conversing with his sister and future sister-in-law, he gently squeezed her hand, showing her that he loved her without telling, a habit the couple picked up on over the years.

Madeline realised what song was playing when he squeezed her hand, making her look up at him, the memories of the night they wrote the song came flooding back to her. Small smiles were exchanged before they each returned back to the conversations they were in, not before Madelines mother snapped a picture of them looking at eachother like their was no one else there. Pure love could be felt through that polaroid, one they would stare at in admiration for years to come.