21. real life

The day was here.

Madeline was getting married to Harry today.

She woke up with birds tweeting a melodious tune, the sun blaring onto her, no nerves what so ever. Until she had the sudden urge to throw up.

After racing to the toilet and emptying last nights dinner, she began to blame this sickness on nerves. What else could it be? As fast as possible, Arabella came to her side, hugging her, whispering sweet nothings into her ear.

Once that had all calmed down, Madeline ate some plain toast to make sure something was on her stomach, she would have forgotten to eat anyways so having something there is better than nothing. Soon, the entire bridal party emerged into her suite, taking it over with makeup bags, dresses, hair tools- the lot.

After a few hours of hair and makeup, most of the girls were ready as it was now 12:00 in the afternoon, the wedding began at two so there was very little time left.

Energy pumped through their bodies as Riley's playlist echoed in the room, adding joy to the atmosphere.

Each and every person in that room was a bundle of nerves for several reasons; Andrea was nervous for her daughter, it was her big day after all; Arabella was worried about messing up her maid of honour speech, she was not the best public speaker; Lola was scared incase she tripped walking down the aisle; Riley just wanted the day to run as smoothly as possible; Anne and Gemma were constantly back and forth, checking on Harry, who was also a bundle of nerves; and finally Madeline, she was worried as she hadn't heard from Harry that morning. He promised to send her a goodmorning text, but she was still yet to receive it. Was she overreacting? Maybe, but that's the one thing she asked for from Harry since they went the traditional route of not seeing each other before the wedding. Although Anne and Gemma reassured her that he was okay, she couldn't help but worry.

Madelines makeup was a soft brown smokey eye that highlighted her dark eyes. A simple glossy lipgloss graced her lips, adding a subtle touch of pink. Her hair was up in an elegant ponytail, a few face framing pieces left out for definition.
Since it was a hot day, she wanted it off her neck so she didn't get too warm.

Soon, it was time to get the bride into her delicate dress.

Since they were getting married on a beach, she wanted a simple yet elegant dress that would make her look as if she was floating down the aisle. The intricate detail of the bodice made Madeline feel like a princess; it had lace draped around her deep-v neckline, lightweight material made up the skirt, a slit up the side elongating her legs, spaghetti straps conjoined the high points of the neckline to the low-scooped back, a small, dainty bow lay on the small of her back. Her nails were simple french ombré with dried pink rose petals and baby's breath flowers embedded into them.

She had a pair of shoes for pictures and the reception, but not the ceremony. She felt to need to wear them then, the sand would get in between her toes anyway.

For her something old, her grandmother had lent her the family tiara, it had had been in the family for generations and generations, each female member of her family had worn this tiara on their wedding day, including her own mother so Madeline knew that having that tiara be a apart of her day was vital. Her something new was a necklace Harry gifted her the night before, an early wedding gift from her groom. The something borrowed was her mother's favourites perfume, Madeline always begged to wear that perfume as a child but her mother always told her only for a special occasion, her wedding being that. Finally, her something blue, blue teardrop earrings, she fell in love with them the second her eyes landed on them. She knew they were to be her wedding earrings.

Her mother and sister helped her into the dress as the photographer snapped candid shots of the mother- daughter trio. Tears began to fall from Andrea's eyes as she zipped up her daughter's wedding dress; she couldn't believe she was getting married.

Soon, they all began to cry, doing that awkward eye fanning thing, trying not to ruin their makeup.

The bridal party then left the room, except her mum and sister, leaving Madeline to wait for her dad and brother. The second the men stepped through the door, their eyes filled up at the sight of the beauty named Madeline Blake.

Hugs and kisses were exchanged before Andrea, Arabella and Leo left the suite, leaving Robert and Madeline alone.

Soon, the wedding coordinator told them to begin heading down to the beachfront, the wedding was about to begin.

"Are you ready, Darling?"

"Always have been!"