24. real life and instagram

*a few weeks later*

"Mads wake up love, we have to go to the hospital appointment soon," Harry spoke softly, not wanting to anger his wife who has been having terrible mood swings for the past few weeks.

Groaning, Madeline got dressed in her sleepy state, trying to look presentable.

At the hospital, they got registered and sat down waiting for the doctor to call their names.

"Madeline Styles?" The doctor called, searching the waiting room for her.

She guided the couple in, gesturing for Madeline to get comfy on the bed and lay down.

"Hi im Charlotte and i will be your midwife. I understand that this is your first ultrasound, is that correct?" The doctor introduced herself.

"yeah, first pregnancy as well so i'm a little bit nervous." Madeline replied, holding Harry's hand for comfort.

"Oh how nice! i'm guessing you must be the dad?" She spoke to harry.

"Yeah, i'm Harry" He nodded, shaking hands with Charlotte.

"Nice to meet you both. Now since this is your first time here we have to do a few tests. Nothing too much just a blood test, check your weight and things, and of course check on the baby!" She explained, making sure they knew what was going to happen.

After making sure that she was comfortable and ready, Charlotte began to put some gel onto Madeline's stomach. She motioned for them to look at the screen above their heads to save them from turning towards the computer in an uncomfortable position.

Looking up, they both saw a tiny dot, about the size of a raspberry. Immediately, tears began to fill both of their eyes, their baby was on that screen. It felt surreal to them.

"Alright, seems as if you are both healthy! You seem to be around eight weeks, does that line up with your last period and things?" Charlotte explained.

"Yeah, that seems right," Madeline answered, looking at Harry for confirmation who gave a quick nod of his head, his eyes never leaving that screen.

"Okay so your due date seems to be around the beginning of May next year! Are there any questions that you may have?"

"Actually, i've been having a few drinks since we got married and things but i didn't know that i was pregnant, will that have hurt the baby or anything?" Madeline questioned, a shameful look in her teary eyes.

"No, it's quite early on so most women to tend to drink if that's what they normally do, it shouldn't affect the baby as long as you don't have any from now."

Relief spread across both of their faces as  Charlotte left the couple to go get the ultrasound images and the blood test equipment.

A single kiss was shared between Harry and Madeline, but all love and passion they had for each other was evident.

After they got the scan images and blood tests done, they were free to leave. They drove straight home and ate the kitchen while watching a movie together. The quality time they spent full of love and hope for their future.

three month later:

mstyles posted to instagram!

liked by: annetwist, gemmastyles, harrystyles, lolagonzales and 2,579,037 others!

mstyles: so so so happy🥹

comments limited:
harrystyles: i love you both so much x
mstyles: we love you more x

lolagonzales: AHHHHHH I CANT WAIT
mstyles: EITHER CAN I OMG

rileykeough: so happy for you mads ❤️

leoblake: so proud maddie x

arabellablake: IM GOING TO BE THE BEST ANUTIE NO JOKE
mstyles: YEAH IF YOU SAY SO

samclaflin: congrats to you and harry x

harrystyles posted to instagram!

liked by: mstyles, niallhoran, annetwist, zayn, and 3,568,937 others

harrystyles: never been happier ❤️-H x

comments:
mstyles: 🫶🫶🫶
harrystyles: love you x

niallhoran: congrats to you and madeline x

zayn: congratulations!

louist91: congrats mate x

liampayne: ahhh congrats brother ❤️ welcome to the dad club x

a/n: 🫶