26. real life

Screaming in terror, Madeline gripped her mother's hand as she felt the urge to push, although she wasn't ready to deliver just yet.

It had been five hours since she arrived at the hospital, she was seven centimetres, almost there but ages away at the same time. She begged for relief, she needed this baby out of her, all she wanted was to see her daughter's face.

"Harry i can't do this i need her out of me!" Madeline begged, tears rolling down her face in pain.

"i know darling, she will be here soon," he spoke, trying to soothe the pain in his hand discretely.

After three more hours, Madeline was allowed to push as the urge got stronger. She was now ten centimetres.

Her labour had been rather fast for a first time mother so the nurses thought she still had a few more hours until a baby girl arrived.

That didn't stop her though, since she was to be two weeks early, they needed to keep a close eye on her, but it seems like the baby was having non of it and wanted to meet her parents as soon as possible.

Madeline's cries could be heard for miles as she gripped countless peoples hands, her whole body aching, pressure building in the worst places.

After a lot of begging and the word "Push!" being shouted numerous times, the baby was almost here.

Suddenly, a soft cry could be heard throughout the room, commanding all the commotion to halt.

As the baby was wrapped and placed on her mother's chest her cries soothed, as did Madeline's.

"She's so beautiful," She whispered, looking down at the pink bundle in her arms. Meanwhile, Harry stared down in adoration; he never thought he could love something more than he loved Madeline, but the baby lying in his wife's arms proved him wrong.

"Do you want to cut the umbilical cord?" the midwife spoke to Harry, breaking him out of his daze. So, he snipped the cord, causing a small cry to come out of his daughter, quickly, Madeline's motherly instincts kicked in and she gently rocked her to stop the crying.

Many hours later (many phone calls later) and the new family of three was settled in the hospital. The baby had a few tests done: she weighed 6lbs 4oz, 19 inches long, born at 6pm on the dot, April 20th 2024 and had beautiful golden hair, like her mother. Although she was perfectly healthy, the nurses advised them to stay overnight just to make sure nothing came up later on.

Once all their families had visited the new addition to the family, they thought it would be a good time to announce the baby's name.

"We have a name," Madeline spoke, halting the soft calamity that had fallen over the room.

"Amalie, Amalie Faye Styles!" Harry spoke, looking down lovingly to his daughter that lay peacefully in his arms.

A chorus of "Awh's" echoed in the room, some tears being shed by most of them.

That's how they spent the next day or so, getting to know the baby they were now responsible for, looking after her together.

a/n: AHHHH!!!!! SHES HERE!!!!! i hope you all like the name i chose ahahaha i couldn't think of one and for some reason amalie kept coming to my mind lol