Four: the Marin

Kai took me to his leader. I kept squirming around a little bit, but when we stopped, I needed a moment to look around.

My heartbeat was fast, I wasn't sure if I was going to get out of this. "Father, Eh' here." he spoke. I looked up at the Marin, he looked exactly like his son. Kai nodded his head once his father stood before him. "I notice you have brought only one, is this the human you were speaking about yesterday?" his father asked tilting his head.

I noticed he doesn't have any eyebrows, and soon as I looked around, I noticed none of them did. "Yes. There is another one with Oha and the rest of the members." Kai explained pointing over to the others. "So they have found a way to become one with the Kay'aya," he slowly gave his bow to another 'Kay'aya.' I stood in silence, as I watched him slowly come down from his seat, which I was assuming was a throne. It was made out of environment around the planet, maybe aliens are smarter than us. "How did you manage?" he asked coming right in front of me and his son. "Me?" I asked in worry.

"Speak. Human." he said. "I-I don't know. I don't even know where my friends are." I admitted, my ears flattening. "You realize that you aren't true Kay'aya?" I nod, having no idea what that means. "Must we have to kill everything at this clan? You, my dear, are a killer from Sunnta." I tilt my head, Sunnta? Was that another part of their language or am I just not understanding? "You mean earth?" I asked. "Earth? There's more?" I shook my head in response. He didn't seem to know exactly everything about the solar system. "So you aren't a enemy?" he asked in confusion. If I lied, I would probably survive, and if I can, probably save Molly. I nodded my head, noting it. I look over at Molly as she struggles with the others.

"Y-yes, my name is Savanna. I'm not from the alien planet. I'm one of you." I speak. "Hm? Release her." he ordered to his son. Kai released me as he looked at me. "And release the other." he demanded to the other Kay'aya. They released Molly as she fell to the ground. She got back up on her own. "Fine. I must've mistaken you and your friend. Where is your clothing?" I looked down at my clothing. I was wearing a green sleeveless shirt and ripped up jeans. I looked back in confusion. "I already have my clothing." I say. Putting my hands up in confusion.

"Your loincloth seems to be missing. You are wearing useless clothing, dear." he instructed the other Kay'aya to go grab a top and an loincloth. A few minutes later, they returned with a yellow top with leaves handcrafted by the crafters. The loincloth was a dark green, handcrafted by his mate.

I hated it once I put it on. It felt itchy and uncomfortable. But I knew I would be out of this mess once I got out of the machine.

——————————————————————-

It started to get really dark. As if it wasn't dark enough just minutes before. The only light is the torches and fire lit up around multiple Kay'aya. I sit by the fire on a log next to Molly, and two other males. Three others sit in front of us, and Kai sits on the ground besides us, eating something that looks like meat. I don't want to know what it is. I'm starving, I'm assuming Molly must be as well. I really wish we agreed to both finishing our breakfast. A couple of times I occasionally looked at Molly, but half of the time she was looking at me, confused and concerned.

"You sure you guys aren't hungry?" Kai spoke softly as he looked up from his food, he was still chewing the unfamiliar animal that he got the meat from. I look at Molly to get her reaction, she's starving and her stomach is rumbling. "Let's give it a try, Molly." she sighs, refusing, but I have to make her. Finally, she says yes, after eight times of me asking. I counted even. Kai stands up and leaves. We stay there in silence sitting on the log, looking at the fire together. While the three Kay'aya across from us continue their talking, the males look at us.