Thirteen: wings of a bird

Not only did I not have a choice who I wanted to choose, but I can't imagine if I stayed with Kai and his people what they would do to me. I couldn't stay and now that I think about it, I probably don't even have a choice. It's like Steph told me, 'Why on earth would you want that?' I still don't know why I want a life like this. Scavenging for their own food, living inside of trees like the ancient times.

I didn't want that. Now, we're basically in the future. I have a good life and after this when we destroy those aliens, I'll have millions. But is money of the situation I'm looking for?

Do I really just want some cash when I could be saving a planet that could be saved? I could be the one saving this. This is the first planet ever that we found that has life on it, I'm not sure why would we would want to kill it for the millions. So I'll choose to warn the aliens that the humans will be coming. That we are going to destroy their home and even them just to make it habitable for humans.

Early that night, still in alien form, helping with the scientists on level 4 of the new lab on Rockuo, now known as the only shelter that is safe, I left before anybody could see me.

I had stole a keycard from downstairs where the head scientist had it left on his desk. I told him I was going out just to help others and I would be back in just a second, really in reality, nobody knew where I was going. And I didn't need anybody to know where I was heading. I knew wearing these human clothing was not a good idea going into Kazza. So I had went back to the body of Far'ara and stole her clothes, I felt bad, but I knew I needed to do it for safety of the island.

I knew walking wasn't going to be fast enough to warn the Kay'aya, so I needed to take flight.

If I remember correctly from what Steph had told me before the morning had begun, Finemi's. Usually up in the sky at Kamïya. The mountain of death. The Kay'aya say Kamïya was a trustful warrior of the Kay'aya before being banished for killing the past leaders. That was before Kai's parents or even him was born on the face of Rockuo. It's where she was killed after falling to her death, they still say she roams that mountain, and is unsafe for any human or alien to rise on.

I was also told an offering had to be made. A blood offering, and not for it to sound scary because it's the mountain of death and it's supposed to be all spooky, because Kamïya is the problem. It has to be the blood of a Kay'aya, since after all this is their own planet. I assume it's because she had killed her formal people, which would sound correct.

I climb the mountain with strength and then I hear a loud roar ahead. I keep my body down as I listen for more, following the noise. As I crouch and slowly making my way towards the further up mountain, I noticed there was a cave but the entrance but right near the cliff of Kamïya. I was frightened, so I gasped and held my breath as I snuck my way into the cave, thinking less about how far up I was from the ground.

A ton of dragon like creatures roared and flew around, many different color from the rest. One that caught my eye had long large ears like Steph had mentioned. It was greenish blue with beautiful blue eyes just like some of its skin. It stood out from the rest of the Finemi's, that's how I knew it was the correct one for me.

I came towards behind it, where it didn't notice me, it was eating some meat of a Zarame, this was dangerous. I watched it gulp down the monster, as if it wasn't a monster itself. Soon I reached its long dragon like tail, I breathe in deeply, and jumped on the monster two seconds later. It roared and jumped. The other ones flew away, but some watched roaring just like the one I was on.

I was scared but refused to fall off as I held onto its neck. It flew out of the cave and we were off the mountain. I almost screamed, but I stopped myself and held onto the dragon. It tried to get me off by twirling but I hit it on accident and we started going down. I screamed then, but still held on with hope. I think it expected me to fall off, but I refused and closed my eyes.

I thought this was the end of me and the beast I decided to capture. I held onto it so hard, that my knuckles probably turned white from how I gripped its neck. I opened my eyes to realize we were back in the sky almost above the clouds just flying smoothly without no concern. I was shocked as I let go of its neck and felt the air go around my hair.

No time to waste I guess.

———————————————————————

Me and Nakai flew on the ground together. I made her walk into Kazza pretending there was no fuss. All of the Kay'aya were having a funeral for Kai's parents, they were singing old traditional songs and I walked in looking around once I noticed it was his funeral for both of his parents. I was embarrassed for coming in with a huge dragon into a funeral. Just imagine what that would've been like in earth.

Kai opened his eyes from singing and turned to me and Nakai. He widen his eyes and I stood still as everybody else yelled and screamed because they were scared of Nakai.

"I'll explain everything later, but you need to listen to me!" I yelled, so everybody else could understand, but nobody would listen. They started running away and Nakai thought it was a game for her. She started running around in circles and chasing them. I was embarrassed and yelled her name millions of times, but Nakai wouldn't answer and continued her game herself.

"I- look I know this is weird but she doesn't bite, she wouldn't never do that. So just stop running and let her sniff you like a dog!" I yelled, realizing what I had just told them. They seemed confused but still continued running.

Kai had hissed at her, she roared back at him, and I think he got a bit frustrated, my reason? He took out a knife, at least in his own creation. I ran over to the both of them and stepped in front of the fight. "Hey! Let me talk." I said. I turned away from Kai and over to Nakai. "You need to calm down and stop chasing the people." she turned away from me also with a roar and flew away.

"What were you thinking about bringing a beast like that into Kazza? Do you know how dangerous it might be to the homes?" Kai asked me. "Kai, I needed her to fly over here. I need to talk to the people. It's about the secret we've been keeping," I whispered, Kai tilted his head, even though he already knew the secret. "Why? Why tell the people?" he corrected himself, whispering back. "I have too, it is urgent." I say, without whispering, and he nodded. I ran away from him, over to the people. They looked frightened, and I was frightened about telling my secret to them.

I was rethinking my choice, but they have to know. They won't ever find out about they're going to die soon, I'm the only one that can change that problem. I looked at Kai and he nodded respectfully. He didn't know he was dying with them as well.

"Hey! Hey! Up here!" I yelled as I climbed the nearest ladder up to the tree of somebody's home. Everybody looked up at me. "Listen, I have no time to explain but the humans are coming. They're coming first for Colo'mo and then probably the nearest clans, which will probably be us if we don't do anything about it." I continued. "I'm helping them, but I'm not helping them anymore. I promise you, I've changed. You see, I was trying to become one of you because I didn't want this life. I never asked to be human, and I'm so happy I picked this job to figure out what the Kay'aya is. I've never been so happy to be helping you. There's a lot you don't understand, but you need to trust-"

I was cut off as a loud gunshot was heard not even that far away from Kazza. Everybody turned their heads to humans in Kay'aya's bodies. They started shooting around, I immediately went down the ladders, but I was too slow as they already had shot the ladder when they didn't mean too. I fell down, but I was caught by Kai, who gently placed me down on the ground. I was shocked and thanked him. But I had no time to lose.