Twelve: mission outbreak

Aside from the Red Velvet case, I took a three day off break of the lab to keep my mind situated other things than Camillia, if that's even her real name, if it isn't, it will still stay unknown for the longest time possible. I didn't really do much during my break, I didn't want to write in my journal, there was nothing I could write about if I wasn't on Rockuo.

Now I could. They needed extra help, and I was willing to do anything. Even if they were confused why I was down here in the first place, I would even admit I missed Rockuo! I know more things on the planet than any other scientist or living thing knows.
————————————————————————
I felt so free. Like I wasn't trapped. That's something I've been needing. I could feel my long ears and my taller self than usual. I pulled myself up from the ground, it was terrible and I could feel my back hurting the second I did. I rubbed it, thinking it would help with the pain, which it didn't in any scenario.

I stood up and stretched out my arms, I could feel the breeze coming inside as it was very windy. The trees moved its leaves, the grass also going with the moving leaves in the horrible wind. I yawned as I took a step outside. As soon as I stepped one foot out, my hair went everywhere. It got in my face and everything. I chuckled as I struggled to get my hair out of my face.

Finally I did and the wind stopped temporary. My smile faded away once I saw an unknown blue bodied with white spots stare at me standing there in front of me with no emotion. Half of her face was white, but the blue went around her forehead, the white covering most of her face which went down to her stomach and her legs. She had black braids and bangs, sort of, covered with beautiful beads.

I cleared my throat and spoke. "I am Savanna, member of the Kay'aya clan not too far," I explain as I point in one random direction of the forest. She doesn't look at it though. "Savanna," she spoke softly, not sounding very English and with raspy human language. "I am Far'ara, protector of the Colo'mo. What dares to bring you out into this territory?" she asked.

I gulp, I had no idea this is their territory. "I apologize. It is my mistake, you see, I.. uh.. I am also protector of the leaders, I was sent out here, to.. protect my people." I lied. But she tilted her head and listened so I thought of more lies. "The past leaders of my people have been killed by Sunntas, so their son had brought me out here to protect the longer lands, and to tell you to be careful of them. It is very unsafe to go any farther, or near them. You must watch out for them or they could kill any of your people just before a blink of a eye. They have five fingers and clothing you wouldn't see a regular Kay'aya choose to wear." I explain, ratting out my own friends.

"I see. I hear you, sister. Thank you for your warning. You must come and tell our leader, he will understand you better." she reached out her arm and grabbed mine. She began walking away from the cave and further out into the jungle. "Wait! I can't, I must protect." I explained. "But his human language is better than mine, you must understand." Far'ara said.

"He shall understand you. Our leader has spent his entire life learning about the Sunntas. He-"

she was cut off after being shot by a human in an Kay'aya's body.

Her body fell to the ground without any voice of her and I watched as I slowly looked up. He stood for a moment before running over with his gun. "Are you alright?" he asked. I nodded quickly. "Good. Let's get you back to the base. We have a lot to discuss." he explained before turning around without even looking at the protectors body.

I followed silently.

———————————————————————-

There was a bunch of new people in bodies just like mine. I looked at them as we got into the new shelter, this time it needed a passcode to be able to enter. I was still in my clothes while he was putting in the code that he wouldn't allow me to see. I came inside seeing a bunch of new people carrying stuff in army clothing. The army? I was surprised and shocked as we walked through everybody. Mrs. Modyheart stood at the bottom of the stairs.

The man and myself went down together. The stairs looked like marble and the railings were made out of glass at the bottom, which connected to the marble stairs. It was really white in here and I could see what style they were trying to do.

"Savanna! I'm glad you could join us. We were worried we would never find you in this big forest." she turned around to shake my red hand. She chuckled slightly, but I wouldn't say anything. Not even a smile on my face because I was sad that I was too slow to run away from the man once he shot the Colo'mo. She began walking and I followed, but the man stayed where he was and went back upstairs to reunite with the rest of the army.

"Savanna, while you were gone getting information for us, we have realized that all of this information that you gave us could really help us kill all of those enemies, and like you heard Condo say before, 'earths second planet,' will happen anytime now. All thanks to you." she smiled as she continued walking. Earths second planet.

"Now this lifestyle is very confusing. I mean why wouldn't they just wear normal clothes? I mean, I thought aliens had technology and lived in the future like in the movies?" she laughed. "Well.. they have a culture and a life. They aren't just aliens like you think." I explain. She smiled as she stopped laughing, and I felt a bit nervous.

"Their aliens. Don't let them trick you with their mind powers." she said, as she began to continue walking.

"But, there's a lot about them you haven't heard. Stuff that I haven't explained that I didn't know I was ever going to say. There's this spirit they believe. His name is Mohai, every island on the planet has their own spirit because it's the one who gave them life, gave them hope, just helped them. I don't think it would be fair that we just.. murdered all of them at once." I admitted.

"Yeah, well, hopefully this 'spirit' can help them when we take over one of those few islands." she said, going into another lab in the facility. "Gio, pull up the island." Mrs. Modyheart said to a scientist that was also in one of the aliens form. He nodded his head at her and turned back to some technology and pressed a button.

A picture of the island pulled up on a Promethean board. My eyes widen. It was so detailed. Mrs. Modyheart went over to the Promethean board and made it so I could see the forest of the entire island "So, all of us already know that there's three clans on the entire island. Kay'aya being the main on here." she continued. "Colo'mo and Ozzy'mya shall be conquered tonight." she said. Tonight? That's not enough time to warn them about humans. They wouldn't understand and nor would they trust me anymore because they would find out I'm one of them.

And I wouldn't blame them for being scared and angry. Even if they didn't know me, I would still be angry at myself. But I would do anything to tell them that they were coming.

But what was I supposed to do?