Eleven: Red Velvet

It grew darker and darker. Steph and I began to walk back. We backtracked where we came from by looking at our footsteps. I let Steph lead the way and we continued walking until we realized that we couldn't see our footsteps. I looked at Steph and Steph looked at me. I looked at her in shock and she looked at me in fear.

Both of our ears flatten as we backtracked back to where we came from and back to where we got lost. "No, no, that's impossible. We came from over there, there's no path that way." I say, pointing into the jungle. "We haven't gone that way yet." Steph said. "No, I definitely remember coming there, from that log. Which leads to that big tree." I explained as I put my finger back. We stayed silent until we begin circling in our own paths. Thinking of plans. "We didn't try going right, yet we didn't go that way to that big tree straight ahead." she says with her head down.

"We did. I remember." I say as I stopped, but Steph continued circling. "Steph. I just felt something." I say looking at her and she stopped circling once I said I felt something. "Yeah, I felt something on top of my head." she agrees as we look up into the sky in sync. It was pouring. Rain coming down equally. We looked back down at each other once we saw the raindrops fall from the sky. It was beginning to become darker, and the rain just kept on coming.

"Let's sort this out tomorrow and find shelter." she said. We begin to run. She was right. It was the best solution, and I followed quickly behind her. Even though we were both out of breath, we kept running. The rain came quicker, we finally had made it into a temporary shelter. It looked similar to what the Kay'aya called 'Mehheeh'zer,' it means shelter.

——————————————————————-

I sat down at the entrance of our shelter, in other terms, the cave. I looked up at the stars. Many of them were out. My ears flicked up as I noticed Steph coming from behind me as she sat down with a grunt. I looked at her as she spoke a few seconds after. "You know, I think you're really getting the hang of this job." she admitted. I smiled, but still didn't say anything, because I have nothing else to speak. "Thanks, I still don't think I'm going to keep it. Maybe I was just getting my hopes up earlier." I also admit.

"You should stay, but I'm not forcing you. I know Molly left for a good reason." she told me. It's been forever since I've seen her. "Hey, are there any birds on Rockuo?" I asked tilting my head. "Birds? Not exactly, more like dinosaurs from what I've seen. Finemi. Big wings. Skinny tail. Short arms, but long legs. Nice big ears just like the Kay'aya. All aliens on this planet have long ears. None of tails, for whatever reason." she said.

"Weird. I felt it in my body the first time I've ever came to Rockuo." I said, looking up at her, needing an explanation. "They do have cat instincts. You must be in touch with Mohai." she smiles slowly as she pats me on the back. She stands up slowly, and looks down at me as I look up at her confused. "I'm off to bed. See you in the real world, Savanna." she said before leaving me by myself. I watched her leave and then looked back into the sky. The real world.

———————————————————————

As I leave the pod, I notice a new scientist had brought me out, but didn't say anything as I came out. I looked at him up and down and searched around for Mrs. Modyheart. Desperately. Steph came out shortly after me and skipped over to me over from her pod. "There's my favorite alien." she smiled as she came in front of me. I smiled back at her.

"Hey," I replied, turning myself around to look at her. "I'm off to the cafeteria, wanna join?" she asked. I chuckled and shook my head. "I'm too tired to wander anywhere else right now. Tomorrow. Breakfast." I say. she nodded and walked off. I watched her before going upstairs to the sleeping quarters up to the top deck.

As I unlocked the door to my dorm with my key card, I gasped when I noticed blood dripping from the ceiling. I gasped so loud I think the entire upper deck could hear my voice. I stared for at least seven seconds before I dropped my stuff and searched for my phone in my pockets. Finally, I grabbed it and gasped a short relief before typing in my password and going to my contacts. I felt a light tap on my shoulder and turned around slowly with fear going down my neck.

Camillia.

She was carrying a white knife with blood dripping down to the floor with the most evilest stare I've seen. I wanted to cry in that moment and scream. But I stayed silent, thinking any type of sound would alert Camillia and that knife we go right down my throat.

"Camillia.." I whispered. The knife charged up into the air and I watched it before falling down on the floor and kicking her leg. She grunted and moved her head up falling to the ground. The knife finally fell from the air, stabbing her right in the chest. She screamed but it didn't go for long before she bled out.

I gasped watching the blood come straight out of her chest and her mouth. I crawled over to her. Looking her dead in the eyes as they still were left open. I looked at the knife and pulled it out. I took a good look at it to see blood all over the thing, from hers and her victims. I gulped as I left the knife beside her. She didn't make one movement.

——————————————————————-

The police and ambulance arrived minutes later. I stood outside of the lab, Steph beside me. She was comforting me. I was traumatized by what I saw, thinking about what would happen if I never fell to the ground kicking her in the leg. I was proud and devastated. I couldn't answer anybody right now. I couldn't even look at anybody. Sometimes, maybe talking to people isn't the way you should go with a conversation. Especially a girl like Camillia, in other words, Red Velvet. Why? Because she's most wanted. That dark skin and curly brown hair isn't fooling me in any type of way.

She must've snuck her way in to the lab, or kill someone to get in here. And I was one of her victims, but it turns out she was the victim in my perspective. They told me I could've left the lab if I didn't want to do it anymore, I might've been traumatized by Camillia but I'm not leaving. Not Kai. He needs me the most.