Five: Kai

I sat in my bed until I heard Molly coming in. She rushed in and closed the door behind her. "I can't do this anymore." she said quite loudly, like she wasn't whispering. Which meant she wanted me to listen, so I sat up on my bed. I noticed her grabbing a bag from the closet. "I'm leaving. It's better this way. I'm going to get a new career, new lifestyle, and I'm going to forget about Rockuo!" she begins packing up her stuff.

"W-what? You're leaving the lab?" I asked. "Yeah, they did nothing to help me. I was scared. Without you, I felt lonely. I couldn't do it on my own, Savannah. But you can do better than me." she says looking at me, then goes back to her packing. I stand up from the bed. "But you're my only friend, you're the only one I feel comfortable talking too. You know a lot more than me and we both know that you want to stay desperately." she shook her head. "No, no I don't want to stay. I wasn't expecting to become one of the aliens. I didn't want too. I'm sorry, Savannah, but I don't feel safe working in this environment. I can't risk getting stuck back in that world." she said, standing up as she pointed at the door, which lead out of the room.

"But, will you come visit?" I asked. She sighed, continuing to pack. "I don't want to see this place again." she zipped up her bag. "I'll be back." she said, grabbing her phone, but leaving her stuff inside of the dorm. Then she left, not for good, I just hopped nothing was going to happen to her.

———————————————————————

The machines powered back up and I watched. Mrs. Modyheart opened it up and I looked at it for a few seconds. "I know it won't be the same without Molly, but unfortunately, you're going to have to deal with it." she said. I stepped inside, getting used to this now. The dizziness came quickly once the doors closed. But I learned how to control it. I closed my eyes and thought about my dreams, Molly leaving, Kai, and the incident. I opened my eyes to feel I was still in Kai's home. But I couldn't see anyone and it was just me, laying beside the log I was once with Molly. But she wasn't there either.

I searched around and finally I saw a bunch of others, some carrying baskets full of fruit and Iluie. It looked cold and it was a light red. I continued walking and found Kai's parents, Ilume, his father, and his mother Zamio. They were both having a conversation with him. Kai turned to see me, he looked surprised. His mother stopped talking to glare at me. "Uh, am I interrupting something?" I asked looking at his mother. "No, you're finally awake I notice." Zamio said. I nod truthfully. "Kai, bring Savanna with you to the river to fish with Gayet and Nari, your uncle will be accompanying you." his father nodded his head at his son, and Kai immediately turned to his father's attention.

"Understood." he spoke before leaving, I followed him. "Who's your uncle?" I asked. "Sighia. He usually comes with me wherever I go." he said without looking at me. I nodded. We walk out of the camp into the large forest, the moon shines bright with the forest. A large path leads the way to the river, which is pretty small. Gayet and Nari wait for us with baskets and fishing rods. I never learned how to fish, but I was excited to learn. "Do you know how to fish?" Kai spoke before hopping onto a large rock with Nari and his brother.

My ears perk up. "Not exactly." I answer. "I'll teach you." he said, before grabbing a fishing rod for himself. I grabbed one too. He looked at me before coming close. I watched him as I fiddled with the rod. "A good grip is needed for the rod, especially when you catch a big fish, you never know." he explained. He came behind me as he led my fingers where they were supposed to go. I looked at him as he did, it took him a few seconds to realize I was looking at him, and he let go of my fingers in embarrassment. "Try." he nodded. I looked back at the water, Gayet and Nari was already waiting for me, I sighed. A few seconds I felt a big fish on my rod. I gasped as I looked in the water.

"I got one!" I yell, the others look at me. They all look excited for me as they wait for the fish to arrive out of the water. I pull back with the rod, the fish comes jumping out, and we watch until it falls onto the ground. "Woah, it's huge!" Kai says before picking it up with his bare hands. I study the way he traces his finger on the back of the fish. "You caught a good fish." Nari speaks as he turns his attention to the fish. I thank him. Sighia comes from the path where we walked, he puts his hand on Kai's shoulder. He turned and smiled.