In Love?!

A/N: this is like 3 days later

NICKEL POV

I make my way to Soap's room without Balloon knowing. If he knew, he would be making me lay in bed all day and make sure my ankle was okay. To put it simply: he's been smothering me. He was asleep when I left so I thankfully had some time to figure out my weird fuzzy feelings.

I arrived at Soap's door and knocked weakly. It was sort of hard to walk and stand without out falling over but I tried to act as normal as ever so Soap wouldn't spray me with one of her cleaning bottles. She opened the door and looked surprised to see me.

"Oh! Nickel? What are you doing here?" I cleared my throat (since I had just woken up) and started speaking. "I need to talk to you about something." "Okay.." I let me in and made me sit on Microphone's bed since she thought I looked dirty (A/N: he is 💀) "So, what did you want to talk about?"

"Well, it's about Balloon-" "I'm not helping you kill him. Last time I did that, I almost got arrested." "What- no- LAST TIME?!" "Just continue." "No! What the hell do you mean 'last time'?!" "I lived a crazy life, Nickel." I sat there with my mouth agape.

I shook my head and tried to get my thoughts together. "I.. I get this weird feeling around him.." "Is it a bad or a nice feeling?" "Um, I don't know.. nice I guess? It's kinda fuzzy I think. Do you know what that could mean?"

"You need to be more specific." "It's like.. a warm feeling. My face gets all red like I'm sick, my stomach feels like I have bugs in it, and it all feels nice I guess? I used to feel these way about another one of my friends but this is way stronger. I didn't really figure out what the feeling was then so I have no idea what's going on with me.."

"Ohhh, I see." Soap smirked as she wrote something down on a notepad she pulled out of nowhere. "Where did you get that?! And what are you writing??" "Nothing, don't worry about it." "This isn't some therapy session!!" "Might as well be. I'm just writing this down so I can tell Mic later."

"YOU'RE GONNA WHAT??" "It's not a big deal, calm down." I face palmed and sighed. "Just tell me what's going on with me!!" "Okay okay, fine." She slowly placed the notepad down on her bed and looked back at me. "It's a pretty simple reason actually." "What is it?"

"You're in love."

I stayed silent before I burst out laughing. "IN LOVE?! WITH BALLOON???" Soap just calmly sat there as I laughed my ass off. I almost fell off the bed because of it. "Heh, no way, Soap. How would I like him??" "Silly Nickel, you'll realize soon enough. The denial stage goes away pretty quickly."

"How would you even know anything about this?" "Because I'm dating Microphone." I choked on my spit as I stared at her in shock. "You're what??" "Yep, for a few months now." "A FEW MO- wait what??" "Mhm, so if anything, I would know way more about this than you. Trust me, Nickel, you're in too deep to get rid of your feelings."

"Wh- I DON'T HAVE ANY FEELINGS!" "Yeah sure, keep dreaming." "W-Well maybe you're wrong!" She rolled her eyes as I continued speaking. "Maybe the only reason Microphone is giving you a chance is because you're just- uh- I DON'T KNOW!!" "Nickel, stop being a dick and go give Balloon some."

Soap put on her gloves and then pushed me out of her room, taking them off before closing the door. I stood there in shock. That can't be right, can it? I don't like Balloon! That's ridiculous!.. I think- wait no, no no no no no! I'm not going into this rabbit hole. This is so dumb!!

I was too busy thinking to realize how much that conversation had drained almost all of the energy out of me. I was acting like I wasn't even sick which made me feel even worse. Me and Balloon's room was on a whole different floor and the elevator was too far away. I wouldn't be able to reach the stairs either so I had to make Balloon come get me.

BALLOON POV

I felt myself being woken up to a bunch of text messages. I slowly sat up and grabbed my phone. I realized Nickel had texted me over 50 times!! And he wasn't in our room..

-

mickey mouse btich: nickel?? is everything ok??

5 cents: baallllooooonnnnnssi... im stuck in thes thrd florr... hekp

mickey mouse btich: did you leave the room while i was asleep?? 💀

5 cents: wjaiakaoakllaooooooooo

5 cents: i fell to da grusod

mickey mouse btich: this is painful to watch

mickey mouse btich: just stay there, im coming

mickey mouse btich: wait,, NICKEL!! HOW ARE YOUR CRUTCHES STILL IN THE ROOM??

5 cents: i forgor themmm

mickey mouse btich: HOW DID YOU EVEN MAKE IT UP THERE???

5 cents: elevsotddd and i hopd

mickey mouse btich: you're a fucking idiot idk how you're even alive at this point you should honestly-

5 cents: stoppppooooppo

mickey mouse btich: sorry i got carried away. just stay there!

-

I quickly got out of bed and put on my slippers. I didn't even care that I was in my pjs. I quickly ran down the hall and took the elevator. It was surprisingly quick. I walked out of the elevator and saw Nickel flat on his face at the end of the hall. I giggled as I walked towards him.

"Are you okay??" He let out muffled groan. I helped him sit up. He looked half asleep. "Pfft- Nickel? What happened?" "I... was asking Soap about somethinnn... *snore*" "N-Nickel? Are you seriously sleeping right now??" He leaned on the wall while he snored. I giggled.

Looks like I have to carry him to our room.. again.. okay this is started to become a pattern. I pick him up and he wrapped his arms and legs around me. He put his head in my shoulder. I could feel myself blushing but choose to ignore it as I walked up the stairs.

I made it to our room and gently laid Nickel down on his bed. I closed the door and went to go for a walk to get some fresh air. These few days have been a little mentally draining for me. I've been really focused on taking care of Nickel instead of taking care of myself I guess..

But it's fine.

I love him..