Confess

sorry this chapter took so long to come out

also idk if yall can tell but i have no fucking idea how crushes are like/hj

and i almost forgot (AGAIN) TW:

suicidal thoughts

self harm/scars

gay people

DUMBASSES 🙄🙄 (NICKEL??)

anyways, enjoyyy

———————————————————

NICKEL POV

"Hey Nickel." "Wha-" Balloon cupped my cheeks and kissed me on my lips. I was shocked at first but eventually melted into the kiss. This felt so nice. I smiled slightly as I kissed him back.

It lasted for about 47.590 seconds (not like I was counting or anything..) before someone opened the door. Goddamnit.

"Okay, now it's time to clean this r-" We pulled away from each other and looked up to see Soap with cleaning supplies in her hand. She smirked slightly before apologizing. "Oh shit- sorry!"

She quickly left, shutting the door behind her. I moved away from Balloon. He looked away from me. "Why did I do that?! Oh shit, I'm so sorry!" "Wait, Loony-" "I should go." Balloon quickly stood up and left the room, leaving me with my thoughts.

Did.. did he do that on purpose? And why did he leave? Did- did he think I was gross? I'm probably just overthinking this like I always do when it comes to him. Wait- where did he even go?

I stood up and opened the door to see an empty hallway. Damnit, I should've went after him as soon as he left! Now I'm gonna have to wait until he comes back which might take hours.. or days, or months, or even fucking years. He probably doesn't wanna talk to me ever again..

Did he kiss me as a joke? 'Cause if so, it's not a very good one. Okay Nickel, stop panicking. Just think. If I was Balloon, where would I go? Where does Balloon find comfort in? ...Wait.

Flashback (Nickel's ankle was still fucking broken 😒)

"Hey Balloon, what are you doing out here?" Balloon was sitting in the middle of the flower field during the middle of the night.. for some reason.. "Nick-?" "Don't call me that." "You should be resting!" I rolled my eyes and sat next to him.

"Yeah well I couldn't sleep and I noticed you weren't here so I came looking for you." "Aww, that's so sweet of you!" "S-Shut up! Just tell me why you're here." "Um, it's kinda silly though.."

"Just tell me." Balloon sighed. "Okay.. sometimes- well, not sometimes- well, kinda? I used to have really bad thoughts, like, suicidal thoughts after season one ended and um, I would sometimes.. cut myself- b-but I'm doing much better now!"

"Balloon.." "But, uh, sometimes I still have those thoughts or other things or feelings so I used to have a place I would go to so that I could relax. I've been using the flower field 'cause the pretty flowers help take my mind off of it."

I looked at his arms and realized he wasn't wearing his jacket, meaning his scars were visible. I didn't say anything as Balloon picked a flower from the ground. I slowly rested my head on his shoulder to try to help him feel better.