I Love Youuu.. *snore*

(M/D/Y)
time started writing: 8/27/23 at 4am

I HAVE SCHOOL IN TWO DAYS (the 29th) AND I STILL HAVENT FINISHED MY SUMMER HOME WORK- HLEO??

time finished writing: 8/29/23 at 2:52 am

JESUS I SHOULD BE ASLEEP I HAVE SCHOOL IN THE MORNING

the fuckk... anyways enjoy!!

—————————————————————

BALLOON POV

"Wanna go back inside?" I asked Nickel. We were out there for a couple hours just looking at the stars and talking. "Yeah okay." We stood up and headed inside. We took the stairs since the elevator would be too loud. I yawned as I opened our door. I didn't realize how tired I was.

I started walking to my bed when I saw Nickel still standing at the door looking nervous. He was fidgeting with his hands and looking down at the floor. "..Are you okay, Nickel?" "Oh, yeah it's just- um.. I have a question." "What is it?" "Well uh, you d-don't have to if you don't want to, I-I just wanted to ask-" "Spit it out, Nickel."

"Umm.. can I sleep with you tonight?"

I paused. He wanted to sleep.. with me? We've slept with each other before but that was because I had a nightmare.. "Actually, forget what I said- I don't know why I said that, that was stupid-" "Yes." "What?" "Yes, you can sleep with me."

He stared at me in shock for a second before walking over and laying down in my bed. I sat down next to him and eventually laid down. I stared at him as he closed his eyes. Why would he ask to sleep with me? Maybe he was scared? I felt myself blush as I stared at him. I wanna kiss him so bad..

I quickly decided against that thought. That would be a bad idea. I saw him move closer to me, whining. Huh, maybe he was scared. I brought him closer to me and hugged him. I hugged me back and smiled.

"I love youuu.. *snore*"

I paused. My eyes widened. What did he just say? I looked down and saw him snoring. I felt my cheeks flare up. Why did he say that?! How do I respond to that?? I can't even respond respond to it because he fell asleep!! Did he mean it or was he just talking in his sleep??

I'm so confused!! I tried moving but Nickel kept moving around and eventually trapped me to where I was hugging him again. Shoottttt. What am I supposed to do?? Ugh, this is making my head hurt. But seriously, what am I supposed to do??

Did he.. did he mean what he said? No, no, of course not! Nickel doesn't love me. As much as I wish he would.. he doesn't. Maybe he was having some sort of dream? I'm not really sure. And the 'I love you' wasn't even directed to me. Maybe he has a crush..?

I felt my heart drop as I thought of the possibility. That could be it.. but why wouldn't he tell me? Does he know I have a crush on him and just didn't wanna make things awkward? Ughh, I don't know. Wait.. when he was talking about Baseball earlier.. HE WAS PROBABLY TALKING ABOUT HIMSELF.

I'm such an idiot!! I literally helped Nickel with his crush!! And now he's probably dreaming about them this very second. But.. I guess the good thing to do would to help Nickel with his crush? That's what a good friend would do. Yeah, I'll do that. Even if it hurts, I need to be there for him.

But.. maybe I should wait for him to talk to me about it. It would be a bit weird if I just start asking him questions about his crush. I don't even know if he'll remember saying that. I hope not. That would be extremely embarrassing, for both of us.

But, to be honest, I have no idea who Nickel would have a crush on. It could be anyone, really. It could be built on just looks and watching them from afar or being friends with them and developing feelings. Anyone's fair game if you think about that way.

I yawn a little as I sink my head into my pillow. Jeez, I didn't realize how tired I was.. I smile slightly as I lean more and more into sleep. I feel my eyes grow heavy as I slowly close them..

In the morning..

I woke up to see Nickel sitting up on his phone. I yawned as I sat up. "Good morning, Nicky!" "Morning.." He wouldn't make direct eye contact with me and looked a little flustered. "Are you okay, Nickel?" "Hm? Oh- uh, yeah! Just thinking about something.."

"Yeah, or someone..." "What did you say?" "Nothing, just talking to myself!" He looked at me, a bit concerned and confused, before going back to his phone. "Say, Nickel, have you had any sweet dreams lately?" I saw him become slightly more flustered than before.

"Uh- no?" "Good lie." I said, playfully rolling my eyes. Nickel sighed and put his phone down. "Okay, well there was this one dream I had last night.. b-but I'm not saying any names!" "That's fine, just continue."

"Okay well, there's this.. person I've been having dreams about lately and I don't really know if they're platonic or romantic.." I felt my smile drop a little but ignored it. "Well what do you guys do in these dreams?"

"We mostly just spend time together and in the latest one I.. I think I told them I loved them.." "..Do you love them?" "....Maybe." I tried my best to act excited and moved closer to Nickel. "Ooo! Who is it?" "It's embarrassing.. I'm not telling you.." "You suck, y'know that? You suck hard balls."

I stood up and stretched. "Welp, I have to meet Soap today since she apparently has a 'busy schedule' with all of her 'clients' so I'll be back." I quickly opened the door and waved to Nickel cheerfully as I left. As soon as the door closed I leaned against the wall and put my hands in my head.

Why does he have to like someone?! Why?? I held back tears as I stood back up and took the stairs to the third floor. I walked down the hall and knocked on Soap's door. "Nickel, I'm not helping homeless romantics until the afternoon, go away." I felt my heart break a bit. "Uh, it's Balloon!"

I heard footsteps coming from the door before Soap opened it. "Oh, hi Balloon! Come in!" I came in and sat on Mic's bed while Soap sat on hers. "So, what brings you here today-" "How do I deal with heart break?" Soap paused as she looked at me. "Go on.."

"It's just- I have like this small— well, definitely not small— crush on Nickel and h-he told me this morning that he thinks he loves someone.. someone who isn't me.." I struggled to hold back tears as Soap drank tea that she pulled out of nowhere.

"How do you know it's not you?" "There's no reason it could be." "And there's no reason it couldn't be either. Balloon, just because someone talks about their crush in front of you, doesn't mean you can't be their crush. People do that all the time so their crush won't find them suspicious."

"How can you be so sure?" "I told Mic about my crush on her before I confessed." I choked on my spit as I stared at Soap in shock. "YOU AND MIC ARE DATING?!" "..Yes, how does no one know this, we literally hold hands and kiss all the time." "I just thought that was girlie stuff.." "...You're a fucking idiot."

I sighed as I bounced one of my legs up and down. "I still don't see how Nickel would like me." "Balloon, stop beating yourself up! I'm 100% sure that Nickel likes you back. The way he looks at you is enough to tell!" "You really think so?" "I know so. Now go back to your room, and let me go back to sleep."

I stood from Mic's bed and gave Soap a quite "Thanks" as I left the room. Huh, Soap's really good at this stuff. I should talk to her more often. I smiled slightly as I walked up the stairs. I opened my door thinking that nothing could ruin my day!

Until I saw Nickel reading my journal..