Stargazing

this is a week later...

NO ONE COMPLAIN ABOUT THE TIME SKIP

and please dont interact with this book if you keep on talking about nickel's nose 😁😁/hj

BALLOON POV

Nickel has been acting weird around me all week. He's been avoiding me a lot. He only speaks to me when he absolutely has to. Its been driving me crazy. I've been thinking about him a lot and it's been killing me not being able to talk to him.

I keep on thinking about him and his stupid face, his sarcastic jokes, his pretty hair, his stupidly adorable pouting face, his cute laugh, his pretty eyes, his cute nose, his smile that makes my heart flutter, his... tempting lips, his pretty body- OKAY I SHOULD STOP.

I covered my face as I blushed hard. I'm so glad he's not here right now. Maybe I should write in my diary? Well, it's not a diary but whatever.

I haven't written in this for a little while but some stuff has happened. For starters, I have a crush. It's Nickel..

I really didn't expect me to like him, like at all. I thought I would've liked someone like Suitcase or something. But anyway, I'm falling for him hard and fast. It's only been like.. 13 days? That's crazy. I don't know how or why I like him this much. He's so cute and pretty and handsome and adorable and I could look into his eyes forever and

Ok I should stop now. See what I mean?? I keep on getting carried away with my feelings. I really hope no one reads this. I should talk to someone about this. Maybe Soap, she can give good advice when she's not cleaning all the time. Yeah I'll ask her today. And I'm crossing out Nickel's name for obvious rea-

Nickel slammed the door open which made me immediately close my journal. He's been more energetic recently since he only has 3 days until his ankle fully heals. He stared directly at me with wide eyes. "Balloon, I need help." I blushed a little bit. He hasn't spoken to me all week and now he wants to talk?

"What is it?" I put my journal away as he sat on my bed next to me. "I- err.. Baseball told me that he had a crush on someone and he got these feelings recently, for about a week or so. He feels like he shouldn't tell them since he thinks that would be too fast and he wants to spend more time with them before that. Do you think thats a good idea?"

"Well, yeah! If he isn't so sure if the feelings are real or if he wants to get to know the person before getting into a relationship then thats fine! Why'd you ask?" "Well- uh- he didn't know if that was a good idea so he wanted to check in with me and I told him I'd ask you 'cause, yeah.."

"So you told him we're friends?" "I told him earlier this week." I smiled a little. "How did he take it?" "Surprisingly well! He thought it was really cute that we're friends now." "Why would he say cute?" "I-It's just how he talks!" Nickel kept on getting more and more nervous by the second.

"Are you okay?" "Y-Yeah?" I smirked. "Well, someone here looks like they need a hug." "..Wait wh-" Before he could finish his sentence I pulled him in for a hug. I stuffed my head in his shoulder and smiled softly. I missed this. I felt him hug me back tightly which surprised me a little. "...Maybe I did need a hug.." I giggled in his shoulder.

1 hour later

NICKEL POV

I don't think avoiding him is gonna work anymore. I'm gonna have to talk to Soap again. Greattttt. I get out of my bed and leave the room. I take the elevator to Soap's room once again and knock on her door. A muffled "Coming!" came from the other side of the door. Soap opened and her smile dropped as she saw me. "Oh, its just you."

"What do you mean it's 'just me'?!!" "Just come in." I sat on Mic's bed when I noticed Soap's outfit. She was wearing a short light pink dress. "Why do you look nice?" "First of all, rude. I always look nice. And I'm going on a date." She sat down on her bed, annoyed. "What do you want, Nickel?" "Umm, well I had a dream where me and Balloon almost kissed-" "I've been there."

"So, um, I've been ignoring him.." "That was a stupid decision. You'll just be hurting his feelings and then your feelings will only grow stronger." "Yeah, I realized that, Soap. Shut up. Anyway, I couldn't take it anymore and told Balloon I needed advice about Baseball which was really advice for me and he said that I should wait to confess since I want to get to know him better."

"Hm, he has good advice. Sounds like something I would say." "Yeah yeah, whatever. Then we cuddled after that and-" "you wHAT?!" I was a bit taken aback by her reaction. "..We cuddled?" She calmed down a little and sat a foot away from me. "Nickel, do you know how big of a deal cuddling is?!"

"Uh.. no?" "That's so romantic! Every couple in this hotel does that! Lightbrush, Fantube, Tissyang, Comedy Gold- well, they aren't official, but I've been helping out with that." "What are you even saying-" "The point is Nickel, cuddling is very romantic thing to do. Sure some people do it platonically, but I'm 99% sure you and Balloon don't do it like that."

"What's the difference between platonic and romantic?" "Oh Nickel. Dumb stupid ugly rude gay Nickel. You'll know eventually." "I didn't need the insults but thanks I guess." The door opened to reveal Microphone who was in a blazer. "Soap? Are you ready to go?" "Yep!" She stood up and grabbed me by the arm.

"I was just kicking Nickel out." I fell to the ground as they shut the door behind me. Gee, that was so nice of her. I stood back up and sighed. I took the elevator back to my room and opened the door to see Balloon sitting on his bed looking out his window.

"What are you doing?" "Oh, hey Nickel! I was just watching the stars." I sat down next to him and look out the window. I squinted to see them. "This window is kinda foggy for some reason." "Yeah, I noticed that." "...Wanna go outside?" Balloon looked at me and smiled. "Okay!"

Balloon grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the room with him. He quickly ran down the stairs, clearly excited as I lagged behind him. "Balloon! Slow down!" He stopped when we were outside which made me bump into him. "Oops, sorry! I got excited." We sat down at the side of hotel. He let go of my hand which made it feel.. cold.

"Woah.." The stars looked so pretty and it was a full moon tonight. Balloon nodded and spoke. "I used to stargaze all the time during season 2. It was really calming and helped me relax! I stopped a bit before our elimination though." "Yeah, sorry about that." "I've already forgiven you Nickel, there's no need to apologize!"

"I know but I still feel like shit about it. I think that was part of the reason I was avoiding you. I know I shouldn't feel this way 'cause everything's better now but I don't know.. I've self reflected on it but I just can't let it go." "Nickel.." "Sorry, I don't know why I'm telling you this-" "No, it's okay.. do you wanna talk about it more?"

I shook my head and moved a little closer to him. I moved my hand closer to his and slowly grabbed it. He gasped softly but gave me a small squeeze. I smiled a little and continued to stargaze with him. "..Isn't the moon beautiful tonight?" Balloon whipped his head to me in shock. "What?"

"Nickel, do you know what that means..?" "There's a meaning behind that?" "..Never mind." "No, now you gonna tell me." "Then you're gonna be all embarrassed and shit." "No I won't!" Balloon sighed and made eye contact with me. "It means 'I love you'." "Oh!.... oh.. oh.." "Yeahhh."

I put my head in my hands. "SHIT I'M SORRY! I DIDN'T KNOW-" Balloon started laughing. I was a blushing mess. "It's okay Nicky!" I groaned as he kept laughing.

But the thing is..

I knew what it meant....