Chapter Twenty-Six

Rhysand's POV

For the first time in his life, Rhysand - High Lord of the Nigh Court - had no idea what to do.

The High Lord's would be here in a few days. Celeste had not come out of her room in two. Azriel spent all of his days alone, half the time no where to be found, outside of his Spymaster duties. Cassian and Mor were trying to hold everything together.

Feyre - well, she was more concerned about her sisters than anyone. Her nightmares had resurfaced of late - all of them about the three girls she had raised over the years.

They appeared about Celeste most frequently.

Elain's latest vision was of great concern, too - that it would not take more than a snapped wing and broken bones to kill Cassian. He did not think too much about that. They would all die, inevitably - but that did not mean he could stomach even considering the possibility of such, and certainly not for those he loved. And Elain's second epiphany, about a fire burning in Autumn...

He would have to keep an eye on Eris. Maybe he wasn't as trustworthy as Rhys had deemed.

Among it all, he could do nothing but think about the growing pit in his stomach; the darkness that had not left for two days now. Celeste had been getting better - she had been talking more. Hardly smiling - but still more than before. She had been eating more, talking to the others more.

But it still wasn't enough.

She had locked herself in, and blocked them all out.

He put his head down, and kept working on responding to the High Lord's letters.

Nothing was enough.

Rhys wasn't enough.