ANNOUNCEMENT - Coming Soon

Hi.

If you've made it this far, I hope that means you liked Kid's story! Please read ahead for a sneak peak of All These Thrifted Things.

Coming soon!

--

To: Aggie Smith

Subject: Overdue Rent

Dear Tenant in 206 Center Lane, Suite C:

Per my last email, it has come to my attention that your rent account is past due by three months.

Please respond to this message at your earliest convenience so I know you received my correspondence.

Regards,

Rowan Reagan

Aggie scoffed.

"'EOB?' Who says that? You're a landlord, not some Hallmark movie villain." She dropped the phone into the space between her folded legs.

Today was Friday, October 20th. That made it a) the day that mister Reagan had been expecting her rent check, and b) practically a week and a half before November's rent was even due.

Shame that she hadn't seen the email before now.

Besides, it was after eight-thirty in the evening. It was too late to do anything about it anyway.

Not that she even had the money in her account. October had gone pretty well, all things considered. Some grumpy guy had bought two antique settees and a lot of candles (and, yes, rugs). A big purchase like that would have gone a long way toward her rent payment if it hadn't been for her electric, water, and gas bills. She'd rather fight the rent battle than the no-access-to-electricity-or-gas battle.

She immediately pushed the thought of EOB Man out of her head and finished up her (admittedly sloppy) sign artwork.

Tomorrow she would sell a lot of rugs. Gobs of them. A plethora. That would help matters. And she could always sell a kidney to help make up the difference if need be.

Right. Maybe a different plan, then.

-- 

A/N: Thank you again for reading! I appreciate all of your fun and kind comments, and get so excited when someone votes on a part that they liked. 

Happy reading.