5

The consort hunting continued once things were back to normal. Rumours about the incident within the castle had also died down pretty quickly. Instead they were replaced with hushed talks about the crowned omega prince of Alynthia and the alpha princess of Nethilor.

Jungkook had decided to take a day of his duties which he did so rarely and had assigned a vice captain to Prince Jimin. The alpha was confused and needed time to figure his feelings out. He left the castle grounds the whole day and returned back late into midnight.

When he opened the door to his room. to his suprise, Jimin was curled up on his bed. The room filled with his troubled wysteria scent.

He lifted his head up at sound of the door opening and only then rushed out of bed and ran into Jungkook just as he closed the door behind him.

The omega hugged him tightly with small sniffles, head buried in his chest. Jungkook had his hand up in the air, trying to assess the situation before gently it wrapping it around Jimin to sooth him.

"You jerk!" Jimin suddenly punches his chest lightly making the alpha lift his hand up on air again in surrender. "I-I... I was so s-scared," his body shuddered.

"Who or what made you scared?" Jungkook's voice dipped low. Anyone who dared to touch a hair on his body would have to answer to the knight.

"in my dream..." Jimin looked up at him, Jungkook softened when he saw the red swollen eyes. "y-you... on the ground. S-so much blood," He trembled with teary eyes.

Jungkooks eyes widen. Jimin had a nightmare of him dying. It made his heartache seeing the omega in such distress because of him. They hadn't been physically apart for that long in a very long time. Even his wolf was angry for being far from him for the whole day, now it only wanted to comfort him.

"Shh, it's okay. I'm here now. I'm okay," Jungkook lifted both his hands to wipe the tears from the corner of Jimins eyes. "I'll always be here as long as you need me," He gently cups his jaw, leaning his head against the omegas.

"always?"

"always."

_

Jimin had refused to return back to his room since he didn't want to be alone. So instead Jungkook let him take his bed while he slept on the couch by his window. He would need to wake him up early to return back to his room or else people would get the wrong idea if they see him leave his room in the morning. But he'd waited right outside Jimins room until he had showered and refreshed.

"did you have a good day of?" Jimin asks hesitantly.

"ah yes. I visited my sister and brother in law," Jungkook follows a step behind. It'd been a while since they had last gotten together. "she's expecting,"

"Oh my gosh. That's great news!" Jimin beamed widely. "You're gonna be an uncle!" The prince seemed more excited than Jungkook. Then a gasp escapes him, "I need to do some baby shopping, this is so exciting,"

Jungkook just giggled fondly at that. It'd make Aera so happy to hear that. She used to work in the castle too before she mated and moved with Hosoek into the outskirts of the capital.
Fortunately so, he had also managed to sort out his feelings. His brother in law who was also a good friend to him helped him understand what exactly he was going through.

"It seems what you're telling me seems to be symptoms of an imprint," He started.

"imprint?" Jungkook frowned. He had thought that only happened between lovers.

"I don't see any other explanation. This happens subconsciously when you spend alot of time with the person so it's hard to recognise it most of the time. It usually happens when you've fallen in love, meaning your wolf sees that wolf as your mate,"