12

"Your majesties, you called for me?" Jungkook kneels, head low.

"Yes, you may stand," The king gestures and looks at his mate.

"Jimin has spoken to us about his decision to choose you as his consort," The queen starts.

Jungkook tenses but nods.

"We are not against his decision. However, as Jimins parent and the current ruling monarch. We need to know your true intentions, whether you are only agreeing with Jimin because he's the crowned prince since clearly mating with him will grant you the highest position possible in the hiarachy,"

"I understand your concern, your majesties. But I have no desire for such a position. If needed I can remain just a mere knight if it allows me to stay by his side. I've loved his highness ever since we were kids when I didn't even understand the difference in our positions. However as he does hold the title of future king, I understand that I am lacking in various aspects so I will do my best to become a worthy and capable mate who can strongly stand by his side and shoulder all the responsibilities with him," Jungkook stated with sincerity and determination in his eyes which was evident to the king and queen.

"Well, that said then," the king sighed, seemingly with a small smile. "Sir Jeon Jungkook, I renounce you from your position as Prince Jimins Knight," He declares, the queen claps lightly. "You shall officially begin consort training,"

Jungkook was confused. But before he could get to say anything, Jimin suddenly popped out from behind the kings throne. He threw himself in Jungkooks arms who had caught him effortlessly, still confused.

"Mother and Father wanted to see how serious you were about us," Jimin smiled while his arms stayed wrapped around Jungkooks neck with his adorning gaze.

Jungkook blinked still not processing everything. He was surely ready to be opposed by the king and queen. That's what he had been preparing for. It was unexpected for things to this well.

"Prepare yourself well Jungkook, it will be intense," Jimins mom advices.

_

The scent of cacao growing close gains Jungkooks attention. "Lord kim," he bows.

"It look you long enough to finally realise your feelings for Jimin," Taehyung says, no real bite behind his words.

"ah yes," Jungkook scratches the back of his neck.

"I guess it's better late than never," The alpha pats Jungkooks shoulder. "He's loved you for a very long time, I better never see a tear in his eyes again,"

"The only tears my omega will let out are of joy or pleasure so you have nothing to worry about, Taehyung-ah,"

"Confident. I like it. Anyway I'm happy for you guys, all to do now is convince the royal court. I'll be here to help anyway I can," Taehyung assures. "It's just going to be a room full of cranky old people who like to involve themselves in matters that don't need their opinion but hey rules are rules," he shrugs.

Jungkook chuckles lightly. "Thank you,"

"Taehyung-shii!" Called out another voice. The Knight notices the way Taehyung's scent becomes a little sweeter than normal.

"General min," Jungkook salutes as Yoongi approaches them who nods in acknowledgement.

"Are you ready for your lesson my Lord?" Yoongi asks.

"Lessons?"

"Oh yeah. I requested some lessons from the general so I can beat jiminie someday," Taehyung shyly smiles.