9

When Jimin woke up next, he was in an unfamiliar room. He rummage through his memory, trying to remember what had happened before he lost conscious.

"Jungkook?" he tried to call, only for his voice to come out croaked. But it seemed to have reached the Alphas ears because the doors were pushed open with the latter's worried gaze straight away landing on Jimin.

Jimin was caught of guard when Jungkook rushed to hug him in silence. Fresh cedarwood surrounded him, calming his racing thoughts of this situation.

"Im okay," he whispers out, tapping Jungkooks back gently. The Alpha's embrace felt warm and safe.

"Do you know how scared I was," Jungkook whisper scolded. "Never do this to me again,"

"sorry," Jimin mumbles, when he tries to lift his other hand to run through Jungkooks hair, his shoulder stinged. Thats when he had finally acknowledged the bandage around his shoulder.

After a moment, Jungkook passes Jimin a glass of water for his parched throat.

"How long have I been out and where are we?" Jimin asks.

"You've been out for two days. This was the closest town on the route we were on. Our destination is the next town,"

"and our men?"

"Some injured but fortunately nothing fatal, they've all gotten treated,"

Jimin sighs in relief only to suddenly remember his meeting. "Wait my meeting with the-"

"It's taken care of. I've sent a message ahead informing our situation and requested it to be postponed for a week," Jimin opened his mouth to speak but Jungkook put a hand up to stop him. "I figured you'd want to get to it as soon as possible. However, the doctor advised minimum of at least one week rest and that is final,"

Jimin could only nod with a small pout.

"On the bright side. This town was on on your visit list before you became crowned. While you recover we can have a look around. The people are excited to meet you since the word of your arrival reached the whole town,"

Jungkook grins as he watched Jimins face brighten up.

_

"woah," Jimin was in awe. He had only decided to come out for a stroll for some fresh air with Jungkook but didn't expect the town to be so lively this late in the evening.

It didn't take time for them to go unnoticed and eventually he was surrounded by children. Some people eyed him with interest while the elderly people directly approached him to start conversations.

"aigoo our prince is so beautiful," One of the elderly lady cupped his jaw. "Make sure to take good care of your health,"

"I wanna see the prince!"

"Me too!"

"I saw him already!"

"Isn't he so pretty!"

He heard a group of children say. Jimin had received so much love from the towns people. They'd given him clothes, food and lots of sweet gifts. They were all such positive people despite being not so rich like the towns around the capital.

" Will you come to the festival, Your highness?" One of them asks him. The crowd around him quietens, waiting for the answer.

"Festival?"

"Yes, the spring flowers festival. It is a celebration of new beginnings as the  season of blooming approaches. It's also to cheer everyone up after the tough winter we experienced. There'll be acts, different stalls, lots of variety of foods, singing and dancing the whole night!"