10

Jimin was beyong mesmerised by how beautiful the decorations looked by the riverside. There were lit lanterns everywhere which brightened up the entire area and made it look like a scenery out of a painting.

The cherry blossoms were in full bloom which made everything look even better. Even on the surface of the river there were mini lanterns floating on lili pads. There also seemed to be couples taking boat rides.

Towards the different paths, there were stalls set up everywhere. Some had mini games which had prizes, some were food stalls while some were selling pretty jewlery and accessories.

Jimin dragged Jungkook around to try everything. Especially the street foods. He was normally careful of what he ate but in the moment he couldn't care less. This was his moment.

They were greeted politely by all the towns people but none of them huddled around him. It was nice for them to respect Jimins space and allow him to have fun without worrying of anyone crowding him constantly, which happened too much in the capital. He loved mingling with people like a normal person.

While Jimin was in awe of the festival, Jungkooks eyes solely stayed glued on him, particularly on his smiles and giggles. He saw pure happiness on him. Jungkook wished he could give the prince this kind of carefree lifestyle where he'd be able to enjoy himself to the fullest everyday. But they were both bound to duties they chose for themselves. Because if Jimin really, really hated the idea of being the king he wouldn't hesitate to abdicate it. The prince refused to the idea of trusting anyone else with the throne when he was in line to take it.

This was one of the things Jungkook really admired the most about the prince. His courage and determination unlike other omegas who tended to let alphas take control of everything.

When all the rewards they collected from playing games was getting too much, Jungkook had two of their guards take them and return back to the place they were staying.

Jimin walked ahead excitedly to the open area that had a huge tree in the middle, a crowd was gathered around people who were playing melodious instruments, singing and dancing to their hearts content.

"Come on Jungkook, let's join!"

And who was Jungkook to refuse.

They watched for abit to understand the flow of their dances and mimicked their moves to match them. However, the two were teared apart as partners changed with the rythm. But Jungkook and Jimins eyes stayed on each other trying to get back to one another everytime they switched partners.

During the switch, both of them would be swept away by someone else, not intentionally of course.

This happened few more times till Jungkook was finally able to be Jimins partner again before the next person got the chance to interfere.

The knight liked how the lanterns and the moonlight gave Jimin a natural glow, and the smile only made him even more ethereal. "Happiness looks good on you your highness,"

Jimin blinked as his cheeks heated up under Jungkooks adorning gaze. Jungkook twirls him and pulls him against his chest as the music reached its climax.

While others started chatting and laughing amongst themselves, the world around them blurred as they gazed into each other's orbs. Just that moment, Jimin felt no other presence but Jungkooks. Beneath the omegas palm, he could feel a racing pulse. His eyes slips slightly to the pretty, bow shaped lips that belonged to the alpha.

They had drank a scent blocking tea since they'd be in a crowded place for a while. It helped hide their dominant scents. But Jimin really, badly wished he could smell the alpha right then. Maybe it'd help to understand his true feelings.