6

Jungkook had left Jimin with Yoongi and Taehyung in the sparring grounds. There were multiple other guards around so he didn't need to accompany him to the sparring session.

Instead he'd taken permission to use the royal library that not many had the privilege of using. It contained books from different nations and within the books contained great amount of knowledge. Jimin used to sometime drag him here when they were younger to read stories together.

A small smile tugs at his lips at the thought but immediately shaked it of when he realised what he came for.

Jungkook had reached the section full of books about their sub-genders. When he read through most of the titles until stopping at one of them.

Bonds and relationships

He took it out and started reading through some of the pages. After a while he landed on the section that was titled imprints.

The first few pages explained what imprinting was and the different forms it happened in. But that wasn't what Jungkook was looking for. It was towards the end of the section did he find what he was searching for.

How to break an imprint?

Breaking an imprint is almost impossible.

Jungkook focused on the word 'almost' and continued reading.

It is a very painful experience for a wolf going through the process of breaking an imprint. Especially if the human and wolf counterparts equally love their imprinted pair.

The alpha thought for a moment. Did he love Jimin? He shaked his head in denial, of course he loved him as his friend and the nations beloved crowned prince. There was no way a low status person like him could have feelings for the future king. It's absurd, he thought. They're childhood friends. The conclusion he reached was that his wolf was just attached to the omega since they spend alot of time together.

Imprinting is a natraul occurance when we want to claim someone as our future mate especially if the heart longs for the person.

But, as stated before there is a small possibility of breaking an imprint through one method. However, be warned, breaking an imprint is hated by the moon therefore it is less likely to be successful.

To break an imprint, you must mate with another compatible wolf.

Logically, the only way to break an existing bond of an imprint is by creating another. But, If they are not compatible then it is too much of a risk as it can lead to a wolf becoming feral or the human part to become mentally unstable. This would be a disastrous consequence with the wolf already sensitive to being unable to mate with imprinted partner, the tie between the wolf and the human would be severed.

The rest continued in explaining the negative consequences and other information around the subject. He flicked through more pages, finding nothing else useful.

Mating was never in Jungkooks plan. He'd planned to serve the royal family for as long as he could. But he was afraid of the imprint hindering Jimins mating with the future consort. So even if he didn't want it, Jungkook would need to find someone to mate really fast.

_

"Come on. You didn't even come to greet your big bro," Jihyun complained as Jimin continued reading through a file, purposefully ignoring the presence of his brother.

Jimin never wanted the throne. His brother knew this. Yet he still gave it up knowing the position it would put him in. If Jimin had also rejected the throne, it would have brought shame upon his entire family. The throne would have been passed down to his cousin who were more concerned with wealth than the kingdom. So there was no way Jimin could let the kingdom fall into those hands.