C1.1 Mr A's Funeral

Chapter 1 - Mr A's Funeral

The rain poured down in torrents and impinged through the night.

This was a self-built house in the countryside and it had been weathered through the years; the walls were stained with every kind of filth and there was a pile of rusty farming tools abandoned in a corner and it was emitting an unfathomable stench.

A hanging lamp hung down from the ceiling in a constant sway and the light was flickering. In front of an old-fashioned television, people were seated in a circle on a shabby sofa.

Perhaps due to the lack of a signal, the television screen was flashing with black and white particles, and the noise of static it produced was harsh to the ears.

On the sofa sat a doughty and robust man wearing a gold chain necklace, a female high school student in her JK uniform and a gentle-looking office worker... who were obviously unrelated to each other but they were seated together.

No one spoke.

Lightning was thundering outside the window, and the television black screened momentarily before it turned on again, but the static brought forth another high and hysterical female voice:

【 Welcome to Infinite Nightmare Game 】

【 You have entered the Novice level 】

【 Please attend Mr. A's Funeral and find the murderer 】

After her words ended, only her neurotic laughter remained and it caused a shiver to run down people's spines.

Finally, someone could no longer bear it as they stood up: "What the hell is happening? Can anyone please tell me?"

The person who spoke was a businessman in a suit and leather shoes, and he would look down at his wristwatch from time to time as if he was worried about losing his award for full attendance. However, his watch seemed to be broken because it was perpetually stuck at seven and it did not move any further.

His question was like a switch that sparked the emotions that the others had.

The female student lowered her head and wept: "I want to go home..."

The office worker strode towards the door and tried to pull it open but the door remained tightly shut and it did not budge the slightest.

Gold Chain stood up to observe the entire room.

The windows were sealed shut with boards of wood nailed on top of it. Gold Chain picked up an axe from the pile of farming tools and chopped down hard, with every intention to smash open the window.

Peng

The axe fell and the wood splintered and cracks akin to a spiderweb appeared on the glass window.

Joy sprang in Gold Chain's heart, "There's hope."

Saying that, he raised the axe, trying to shatter the glass directly. However, before the axe could fall, a bloody handprint impacted the window with a smacking noise.

Startled, the axe slipped out of his grip and fell to the ground with a dull thud.

Pa Pa Pa—

Numerous bloody handprints smeared themselves on the window and it seemed to want to break the thin glass to enter. And the window trembled, as if it was going to give way any second.