C2.8

Chapter 13 - The Doll (I'll Bring You to Your Mother)

Qinghai High School was not large in size; one afternoon was more than enough to check the entire school out.

Despite searching around the premise, they did not manage to find any useful clues.

The sun was starting to set in the East.

It covered the entire campus with an orange afterglow.

After being shined on, Shen Dongqing was feeling lazy so he simply decided sit beside the flowerbed and he plucked a Chinese rose, placing it in his mouth to taste it.

"Bleh," Shen Dongqing's face wrinkled, "It's bitter."

Zhou Wenyan took away the rose flower in his hand: "I'll bring you to eat delicious food when we go out."

All of the sudden, Shen Dongqing regained his vigour: "Let's quickly find the doll then."

Saying that, he stood up again with much enthusiasm.

He wandered back and forth before it abruptly struck him that the place they were at was slightly familiar. Shen Dongqing walked forward another two steps and lifted his head to gaze at the rooftop of the classroom building.

This was where the Rooftop Girl had jumped off in the Campus' Strange Talks.

"Although we can't find it, we can still ask someone else," Shen Dongqing offered a suggestion.

Zhou Wenyan: "En?"

After the Campus' Strange Talk had been resolved, the subject in question – the Rooftop Girl – had disappeared along with it, and what remained of her was the residual blood that had seeped between the gaps of the stone bricks.

Shen Dongqing half-knelt and knocked on the stone brick with his fingertips.

Rat-a-tat—

Shen Dongqing was extremely polite: "Hello, are you there?"

Nothing happened.

Shen Dongqing knocked again.

A small dimple emerged from the side of his face: "You don't need me to invite you out, right?"

The knocked stone brick trembled and slowly hefted up. From beneath it, a ghastly white hand crawled out. Perhaps because it had previously been caught by Shen Dongqing and almost had a part of it bitten off, the psychological pressure it felt was comparatively larger and it laid down with its palm flat on the ground, trembling, and not daring to move.

Shen Dongqing: "Do you know the doll?"

The ghost hand thought about it for a moment before it used its index and middle finger to gently knock on the stone slate.

Sheng Dongqing stood up, "Bring us there."

The ghost hand's five fingers pointed towards the ground and it ran around in a circle at where it stood before he started crawling towards the sports field.

Shen Dongqing followed after it at a leisurely pace before he snorted: "It feels like I'm walking a dog."

Ghost hand: ......

It felt very aggrieved, but for the sake of not being eaten, it could only suppress it.

The ghost hand led the two of them towards the sports stadium. 

Qinghai High School could be described as school with an all-rounded and comprehensively developed in regard to moral, intellectual, physical, arts and labour education. It had every kind of facility that was to be expected, including running tracks, basketball courts, tennis courts... it even had a swimming pool.