C1.4

Chapter 4 - Infinite Loop (I hate guessing the most!)

Tick

The minute hand moved forward and reached 12 o' clock.

The third day was here.

Following the prompts given at the beginning of the Infinite Nightmare Game, the players were supposed to attend the Mr. A's funeral on the third day.

But now, four players were sitting on the sofa in a row.

Old Chen was upset, the female high school student was ashen, Gold Chain was speechless, Shen Dongqing was still out of the situation and Yellow Hair... he was already on intimate terms with the portrait of the deceased person in the photo frame.

And sitting opposite of them were four people, no.... more accurately, they were four ghosts.

After removing their camouflages, they revealed the horrific appearances they had at their time of death.

The hostess's entire body was drenched with blood and her four limbs were littered with axe cuts; the insane mother-in-law had a pair of scarlet red eyes and it was twitching in discomfort and she was mumbling something under her breath; the little girl in the flower skirt was holding onto a head that looked similar to hers in her arms as she obediently sat in a small chair.

The hall was dead silent.

Old Chen could not resist the urge to speak and broke the silence at last: "Can the funeral begin?"

The hostess hesitated for a moment: "It's impossible for the funeral to proceed."

A person can become a ghost after they die, but what about a ghost? Mr. A was too dead to die after he died again.

Old Chen: "But we have to complete the task in order to leave."

The hostess pondered for a while: "The clearance condition is to attend the funeral first before finding the murderer."

Swatting the sofa, Old Chen blurted out: "Then let's hold the funeral."

Having returned to the starting point, the hostess said in embarrassment: "There's no way for the funeral to proceed."

According to the development of the story, the hostess would cooperate with Mr. A every night to provide the players with some clues, and when the funeral was hosted on the third day, the players had to solve the mystery to pass, or all the players would be exterminated.

However, they were stuck in the middle of a loop which made it impossible for the story to develop according to its intended course.

Thus, they were in trouble.

Beep

At that moment, a car horn sounded outside the door and it drew everyone's attention.

A public bus stopped at the gate of the courtyard and emitted a ray of orange light.

Subsequently, the door opened and a long-legged silhouette directly jumped over the two steps and landed on the ground. He was very tall and he wore a long trench coat that outlined his wide shoulders and long legs. While it was hard to perceive his appearance in the darkness, he was felt like a sheathed sharp blade from the distance, keen and dashing.

He lifted his eyes and looked towards the hall. There was a touch of orange in his eyes and he happened to look at Shen Dongqing.

"Good evening."