C2.5

Chapter 10 - Violent problem solving (Statues in the Art Classroom)

After the silence, there was greater revelry.

The students with blurred out faces looked at the two people standing at the edge with a sort of frenetic gaze as they mechanically repeated: "Jump, jump..."

Countless of hands stretched out from the girls gathered at the rooftop, all attempting to push them down.

"Hey, wait a minute—" He raised his head, stopping the group's actions. He was not scared in slightest; rather, his brows were knitted together tightly as he protested, "Why are you making me wear a skirt?"

On the rooftop, the winds were a little cold.

And it was dampening Shen Dongqing's mood.

The group of girls paused for a beat before they rushed up to him like a pack of hungry wolves, as if they would not let the matter drop unless the two of them jumped.

Seeing that the group were about to squeeze them over, Shen Dongqing evaded them with a stagger, and lifted his foot and kicked the girl that was closest to him off the building without showing a single trace of pity or tender love for women.

"If you want to jump, you can jump on your own!"

Shen Dongqing clapped his hands and retreated from the edge of the roof.

Just as he took a step, a flower appeared before his eyes, and when he opened them again, he had returned back to the original place he had stood.

What was happening?

Shen Dongqing deliberately looked at Zhou Wenyan who was standing by his side.

And Zhou Wenyan did not seem panicked at all, in fact, he seemed rather interested as he looked towards a particular direction.

Shen Dongqing had every intention to turn his head and follow his line of sight, but he discovered that Zhou Wenyan had withdrawn that peculiar glint in his eyes hurriedly before he restored an appearance of solemnity.

"Looks like we have no choice but to jump," Zhou Wenyan mouthed his words.

Shen Dongqing looked down at his feet, and beneath them was a big and black throng of people who had their heads tilted upwards alongside upraised hands, and they seemed to be anticipating a sacrificial offering to fall from the heavens.

Sheng Dongqing ceased his jesting and took a step out.

Wind whistled past his ears.

As he made his plummet the ground, he felt weightless.

Shen Dongqing narrowed his eyes. Perceiving a hand reaching towards him, he stretched his hand out and above.

In mid-air, the two clasped their hands together tightly.

All the way until the landing.

The onlooking students disappeared and the campus emptied out, leaving a single girl lying on the ground. She laid on her side, black hair scattered, and a puddle of blood flowered out slowly.

Shen Dongqing's first reaction was not to look at the female student. Instead, he lowered his head to look at himself – thankfully, the skirt he had just worn was an illusion and it had returned back to normal.

"This is all I've suffered." The girl made of flesh and blood raised her head. And like the blood she bled, her grievances poured: "Malice, oppression, ridicule, indifference... Everyone here is a murderer!"