C2.6

Chapter 11 - Puzzle (Neat and Tidy) 

The statues in the art classroom were all smashed.

However, there was no response from the《Campus's Strange Talks》.

Shen Dongqing kicked away a rubble that was littered at the side and tilted his head, feeling doubtful: "I guessed wrong?"

Confident and at ease, Zhou Wenyan slid his hands into his pockets: "Well... there might be others."

Briefly, Shen Dongqing looked around before he landed on his new target, and he swaggered out of the classroom soon after.

Outside the art classroom was a narrow hallways with an assortment of decorations, ranging from handicrafts to paintings and statues.

The closest object to Sheng Dongqing was a half-bodied statue, and the facial features carved onto it were remarkably true to life, and if it was gazed at from a position of lesser light, it might give rise to the impression that it was watching you.

After observing it from the front for a long moment, Shen Dongqing could not shake off the feeling that something was awry with the statue, and he stretched his hand out and pushed it to the ground.

A loud noise rang out in the corridor.

The statue fell to the ground and shattered into several pieces. From a sweeping glance, there seemed to be nothing of interest.

Zhou Wenyan half-knelt and rummaged through the debris on the ground before he scooped out an unusual fragment.

Disgusted, he threw the fragment aside.

Brushing away the dust on his hands, Zhou Wenyan stated, "Look, I found it."

Shen Dongqing glanced at it, only to see that the surface was wet with a piece of flesh that seemed to belong to a brain. From the looks of it, it was rather fresh as if it had just been removed from the body.

He turned and widened his eyes, looking at the row of statues that were lined along the hallway and he rolled up his sleeves with some excitement.

"Do it!"

When Fang Qi quietly slipped out, what greeted him was a hallway strewn with stone fragments.

Lifting his foot, he crossed over a broken shard and he saw a small hill of broken arms and incomplete limbs. Assaulted by the overwhelming malodour of blood, Fang Qi almost threw up right then and there.

By the time Fang Qi had calmed down a little, he noticed that the two violent people were currently playing complete the jigsaw puzzle with much interest.

No, while others played jigsaw puzzles, they played with corpses and their tacit understanding they had in cooperation was a thing of wonder.

Shen Dongqing threw a hand away: "It doesn't match."

Zhou Wenyan picked and chose from the small hill and passed another over.

Shen Dongqing took it and attached it. "This one matches."

It was supposed to be badly mangled and mutilated horror scene, yet, why did it look so... harmonious?

Fang Qi shivered and continued watching the two violent men piece together the different pieces of limbs.