C1.3

Chapter 3 - Domestic Violence (It's Wrong)

Her screams were heart breaking enough to penetrate through the entire house.

Everyone was drawn to it as a result.

Old Chen was wearing a sombre expression, and he almost cursed him for being an "idiot" but he held back. "What the hell did you do?"

The female student spoke first: "It has nothing to do with me!"

Yellow Hair responded on automatic: "I just took a peek, I, I didn't do anything."

Old Chen gazed at Yellow Hair coldly. "Since you went courting your own death, you can't blame it on me. We're going."

Yellow Hair chased after him hastily, and he did not stutter as he spoke: "Didn't you say that you'll protect me and help me through clearance if I gave you my points? Don't go back on your words—"

Old Chen flung him away with one hand. "This was you seeking your own death."

After he delivered the ultimatum, he went down the stairs.

Gold Chain and the female high school student had no choice but to follow him down the stairs, although they did throw Yellow Hair a pitying glance.

Without any means or measures, Yellow Hair could only toughen his scalp and follow suit.

But as they were halfway down the stairs and turning the corner, he collided with a pale face and it caught him off guard.

Even if Old Chen was fairly courageous, he almost jumped back in fright and shouted out. However, he remembered the hostess's warning; even if it was daytime, he did not dare to take risks and he could only keep his shouts lodged in his throat.

The hostess was wearing a long black dress and her eyes were black and deep. Without the slightest emotion, she gazed at the group of people in front of her and spoke in chilling voice: "What are you doing?"

It was obviously a clear and sunny day, but everyone felt a chill rising from behind them.

Old Chen smiled dryly: "Stroll, strolling upstairs."

The hostess was unmoved and it was apparent that she did not believe Old Chen had said.

Old Chen felt a spike in danger.

It seemed like the hostess was not a simple character.

Swallowing his saliva, Old Chen felt cold sweat running down his spine. He was not an experienced player to begin with; if he was, he would not have been assigned to the novice task.

He only had two lifesaving amulets on his hands, and everything he previously said was to fool the novices. He stuck his hand in his pockets. If something unusual happened, he would take out immediately to protect himself.

As for the others, they could only count their blessings.

Suddenly, Shen Dongqing answered. "We were looking for something."

The hostess's pupils turned and she stared at Shen Dongqing. "What were you looking for?"

The people at the scene stared at Shen Dongqing nervously, afraid that he would say something that he should not say and cause the destruction of the entire group because he offended her.

Unexpectedly, Shen Dongqing raised his phone that had a blackened screen before he asked: "Are there any chargers?"

The hostesses was silent for a moment before she walked into the first room.