C2.2

Chapter 7 - Campus' Strange Talks (Dorm Administrator)

Not long after they settled in the seats, the sweet-sounding bell rang through the classroom.

Class had begun.

It was self-study in the evening. The teacher-in-charge was seated at the podium, and it was hard to make out her appearance because she had her head lowered as she was working through the assignments.

Rows of students were positioned below her – instead of whispering to each other, the students had assiduously picked up their pens and started writing up their assignments, and only the sound of identical rustling of papers could be heard.

Shen Dongqing felt around his pockets and quietly stuffed the packet of gummy bears he had found into his mouth.

The soft candy had a sweet, fruity flavour.

While he chewed on his candy, he surveyed the room, and noticed there was still an empty spot.

Fang Qi muttered quietly: "I wonder what will happen to people who are late."

He was sitting on the right of Shen Dongqing. With the deliberate suppression of his voice and how he was leaning over, no one should have heard him. However, just as his voice fell, he saw the surrounding students look at him in unison.

Fang Qi turned his head back and his desk mate's face was basically inches away from his, causing him to wrack up a shiver in fright.

The students were expressionless; their eyes were depthless and dark, without a trace of extraneous emotion and their stares caused his hair to stand on its ends.

Fang Qi trembled and swallowed his scream, turning towards Shen Dongqing in a plea for help.

Swallowing his gummy bear, Shen Dongqing stared back at the students without a shred of weakness as he opened his mouth to say: "It's evening self-study right now, aren't you supposed to be self-studying? What are you looking at us for?"

His sentence seemed to have touched some switches as the students turned back one by one and continued to do their assignments at their desks.

After that incident, Fang Qi did not dare to speak again, and he chose to lay on his table like a quail.

The classroom was quiet.

Only the electric fan above was whirling with noise.

If it was not for the fact that their classmates might not be human, they might have been able to experience what it was like to have a campus life.

Bored and with nothing better to do, Shen Dongqing flipped through the school rules again.

The rules and regulation of Qinghai High School was very strict; grave and minor examples regarding all matters – big and small – like their style of dress to their diet and work and rest were all densely packed into one book.

Just as Shen Dongqing finished reading the first page, he saw a man dressed as a student run over and come to a stop at the door, panting. He poked his head in to scan the room before he walked towards the empty seat.

The player who did not look like a student in the least had just stepped his foot into the classroom when the teacher-in-charge at the podium raised her head: "You're late."

The tardy player did not sense that danger was approaching as he turned his head and tried to get back into her good books: "Teacher, I was in the toilet just now..."