Chapter 19

AUGUST

Damn, Willy. Of fucking course did he have to walk in on me kissing a girl. And not just any girl. His sister. Delaney had pretty much booked it out of my room as soon as my bedroom door smashed open. Now Willy sits on the edge of my bed where his sister was just minutes ago, grinning like a damn idiot. 

"What?" I half snap, annoyed that he really had to ruin it for me.

"Frankie is going to piss herself with excitement. I cannot wait till I tell her," I just roll my eyes, shaking my head gently. 

"What did you come over and disturb me for?"

"Oh, not much really..." I shoot him a glare. He disturbed me for 'not much', "No actually I did come over for something; but I forgot." While he is sent into a trance recalling what he wanted to tell me, I start to pick up clothes that I had thrown everywhere this morning. I keep my room fairly clean because otherwise, it screws with my head. 

"Just take your time there," I say half-jokingly as he mumbles to himself trying to find the right piece of information.

"Shut up, I have a lot of intelligence to sort through."

I just laugh. Intelligence; Sure, Willy. 

~~~

Willy ended up leaving a little while after, still trying to sort through his 'intelligence' before his Mum called him to come home. Now I sit at the dinner table with my Mum, Norah out with friends and am eating some sort of odd pasta dish. 

Mum is still in an overly good mood which is completely through me off. I keep conversation with her though until I can't take it anymore. "Why are you so happy?"

"What do you mean Aug?"

"All I'm saying is, first you show up to my practice - which you never do - and then I see you joking and... flirting... with Coach. And now you're in an oddly good mood. Don't get me wrong though, I'm over the moon to see you truly happy."

She starts laughing, "I cannot believe you haven't put two and two together... Auggie... I'm seeing Dean-"

A loud clanging sound rings throughout the room. I only realise now that it was me dropping the fork I was holding. Shocked is an understatement. 

"Are you upset? Cause I can tell him it won't work out. We were going to tell you kids just yet but Seeing as you noticed I gue-"

"No Mum, I'm not upset. It's just a shock. Sure, it's a little... weird but I'm so happy to see a true smile on your face."   

She nods her head getting used to the fact of acceptance, "I guess I'll just break the news to Norah and maybe we can all have dinner together one day."

"What about Pia? Does she know?"

"Yes, she found out when they came over from Oregon. She saw a message from him on my phone when we were out for coffee. Pia clued on pretty fast and has been begging me to tell you guys. I mean I haven't been super discreet about it either," She just shrugs as we continue on eating dinner. 

"When did you two start - you know?"

"We chatted it up after the first game. You know when you beat up the Johnson kid? We've been out about five times."