13

Trevor

I was deeply hurt. He self harmed. Something I didn't know he was doing and by the look of it it's not the first time.

"Why?" I asks softly

He shakes his head slowly.

"Please don't make me tell you." He begs voice low and shaky.

I take two steps back. He lifts his head.

"I want to come to you but I can't. I don't want to startle you." His eyes meets mine for a moment before he breaks the contact.

"So please come to me. Can you do that for me?" I was gentle. The last thing I wanted was my voice to make him shake in such a situation.

"Here." I point to the floor right Infront of me.

He looks at the ground for a moment. He was thinking. He was thinking hard. I open my mouth to reassure him but he moves almost immediately.

"There." I coo at him and kiss his forehead."let's go take care of this."

"Can you hold my hands?" He nods and his fingers interlock with mine.

He leads the way upstairs to what I assumed was his room.

I gently sit him on the bed. I pick up the safety kit from the bathroom and come back kneeling between his legs.

"Can you take it off please?" He holds onto the sleeves tighter.

"I can do it!" He bends to pick the kit but I hold him back.

"Is it that hard to ask for help?"

"It's okay." He mumbles to himself.

I stand and brush my hair back.

"No. It's not okay Gabriel." At the mention of his name he lifts his head.

Then it hits me. Everytime we were together he was always in a long sleeve no matter the temperature outside.

"Is that why you've been wearing those long sleeves so goddamn much?" He bows his head again. I sigh and go back to my knees.

"Take it off." I order.

He raises a brow but acts on it.

I gently clean the cuts feeling my heart swell.

"Ahhh! It hurts!" I paise for a moment but the silence remains.

I place the kit aside. Turning back o see his eyes shimmering. He was on the verge of tears. Why wouldn't he let himself break.

"Tell me how I can fix this."

"You can't." He sniffles and tears drop on his hands.

My heart breaks.

"Then tell me what I can do. Apart from the wounds I'm not familiar with anything else. Help me here." And it was true. The other thing I was sure of is that I couldn't just call a doctor.

Don't get me wrong. I understood what was happening but everyone needs something different. Space or comfort. Food or drink. Sleep or staying awake. I didn't know what he needed.

The phrase repeats itself in my head. I didn't know what he needed and I wanted to be his Dom. That hit me like a brick. It felt so wrong. Very wrong and I had to make it right.

"Can..." he hesitates. "Can you please stay?"

I smile." Of course." He lies in bed and I cuddle him from behind. He snuggles closer to me and I held onto him tighter.

I needed him to feel that I was there. To understand that I would never leave. To believe it.

He sighs and his body begins to shake. I press light kisses to his shoulders and hair.

His hand grips mine and holds it tighter.

"I'm sorry..." he apologizes

"Shhh...I'm here now. Let it all out."

His sobs were audible but not loud. Soon they were sharp breaths. I held him closer and kisses his hair.

It was going to be okay.

Or maybe he will wake up and chase me away.