chapter 9- beneficial

"i mean..."

"don't you dare say it."

"i'm just saying-"

"don't."

"i told-"

"noel."

"you-"

"shut up!"

so!" noel shouts in triumph while scrolling through my phone. "i told you so!"

"i knew i shouldn't have told you anything." i bury my face in my hands and groan. "what is going on with the world? the viewers only love me if i'm interacting with the worst person on the planet!"

"let's not be a drama queen here."

"i'm not being a drama queen!"

"they love you either way."

"but they really love me when i'm with sapnap."

noel clicks his tongue, then shrugs.

"true," he says.

"this sucks!"

"you're the one telling me that you get more views when you stream with a man that the general society would view as attractive, funny, and cool, but you still have the audacity to whine like a baby over it." he pauses. "and no way the stream was that bad. i heard you laughing a couple times from the other room."

"they were pained laughs."

"no they weren't."

"yes they were."

he puts a hand on my shoulder.

"baby sister, i have much more worldly experience than you. trust me when i tell you that i know the difference between a pained laugh and a joyful laugh."

"you're one minute older!" i throw his hand off my shoulder and stand up, just to start pacing around my room. "anyway, what do i do?"

"you know exactly what you should do," noel replies. "keep filming with him."

"i can't!"

"why not?"

"because he drives me insane!"

"in what way?"

"noel!"

he snorts and puts my phone down.

"maybe you guys need to talk it out before deciding. honestly, this would be helpful for both of you. he didn't even stream today, and his name was trending just for being on your stream." noel sits up, suddenly looking a lot taller and more serious. "the benefits go both ways: interacting with someone as popular as sapnap helps get your channel more recognition, and your banter together causes him to trend, even when he's hardly doing anything. i mean, 'cassnap' being featured on the streamer updates twitter already says a lot."

"right..."

"and besides, he seems to like talking to you."

"he likes teasing me."

"regardless. being on your stream is an excuse to, as you so beautifully put it, 'tease you.'"

"mhm."

"you don't have to sound so discouraged. besides, it's not like you guys are being forced to get along. the fans seemed to like it better when you guys argued, anyway."

"uh huh..."

noel exhales slowly and shrugs his shoulders.

"alright, i'll leave you alone with your thoughts. my twin telepathy is telling me that you don't want to talk anymore." noel stands up suddenly and walks quickly to my door. but before leaving, he turns around. "just think about it, okay? this could be huge for you, and i don't want you to waste such a good opportunity."