chapter 25- chemistry

"everyone's already talking," noel says, taking a bite out of his piece of cake, purposefully avoiding the frosting. "you guys were surprisingly good at that."

"what can i say?" sapnap says. "we have natural chemistry." he nods towards me and gives me a smirk. i roll my eyes.

"yeah, we're like a covalent bond with water," i say sarcastically. the two boys stop eating and stare at me with dumbfounded expressions.

"what?"

"because covalent bonds fall apart when they interact with water? so like... they're unstable? like us?"

"did you just try to make a chemistry joke?" noel asks, disapproval written all over his tone.

"yeah?"

"jesus christ," sapnap says as he looks down.

"don't do that ever again. oh my god, my body is starting to actually recoil," noel agrees.

"okay, drama queens." i poke at the cake, craning my neck to look over noel's shoulder at his phone. "what are people saying?"

noel stops by a couple of tweets, sapnap now peering over his other shoulder.

user1: what panel are they doing together HUH?? #cassnap

user2: ok i know we were sorta hating them but #cassnap IS SO CUTE I CAN'T HELP BUT SHIP THEM I'M SORRY

user3: when i enter a sexual tension competition and my opponents are #cassnap

user4: THEY'RE SO CUTEEEEE #cassnap

user5: need someone that looks at me the way #sapnap looks at #cassia

user6: how does one screw up a cake this badly LOL #cassnap

"what about that stupid streamer updates page?" i ask. "they've been on our asses lately."

"give them a bit more time," noel replies. "they'll post something. their tweets about you guys have been their most popular tweets recently, so they'll come around."

sure enough, 10 minutes later we all simultaneously get a notification on our phones.

@streamer_updates: we've got another #cassnap update for you guys! #cassiyuh and #sapnap have done a baking stream, and the romantic chemistry is undeniable! i mean, you guys see they way they look at each other, right? and you know what they say... eyes don't lie ;)

|

@streamer_updates: oh, and of course we haven't forgotten about the super secret panel they're doing together at twitch con... will you guys be there? i definitely will!

"i hope i see them at twitch con so i can jump them," i deadpan.

"sure," sapnap says as soon as he's finished reading. "anyway, looks like our plan worked."

"hey look, they said the word chemistry."

"they should've mentioned something about covalent bonds," noel says. i groan.

"if you don't let that go, i swear to god-"

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀˚ ༘

"i'm so done for," i mutter to myself as i rub the area of my tailbone i just landed on. i have a skating competition this weekend, and my routine is far from perfect. it feels like i can never manage to win a competition, but i'm determined to make that change this time around (i say to myself as i pretend i haven't said that the last four competitions).