chapter 20- burn

"two thousand!" i exclaim to noel, showing him my twitch stats after ending the stream. "i was in the two thousands!"

"that's really good," he compliments, staring at the screen, though probably barely comprehending it. "i also read somewhere that twitch con creator invites come out today. it was a good call to stream, and an especially good call inviting sapnap. i saw that the streamer updates page already posted about you guys. you two have been all that page has been talking about recently."

"that's good, right?"

"again, really good. i think you have a good shot at getting a creator pass."

"don't jinx it!" i cover my ears, though he's already done talking. i've been so paranoid about jinxing this whole thing that i've been trying to not even think about twitch con. i need to remain as pessimistic as possible so that there's no chance i'll be disappointed at the outcome of today.

"calm down, you're going to be fine. think positively for once, why don't you?" he shrugs his shoulders after using his twin telepathy on me and i groan.

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀˚ ༘

i know what you should wear for when you meet your boyfriend's family for the first time. but what are you supposed to wear when you're meeting your fake boyfriend's friends that are practically his family that you've already met but don't really know?

i've been wracking my brain for the answer to that question for the past five minutes.

i scratch the back of my neck as my eyes roam around my open closet. i wish i had more time to plan my outfits, but sapnap's been taking me on fake date after fake date. i barely have time to breathe, let alone figure out what i'm going to wear.

in the end, i decide on a black long-sleeve and dark wash jeans. it's not the nicest outfit i own, but also not the worst. it'll have to do.

after fully getting ready, i go out to my car and plug sapnap's address into the gps system. he offered to pick me up, but after intense arguing and multiple texts in full capital letters, i convinced him that it made no sense to drive to my house just to drive back to his own. besides, i'm fresh out of conversation starters and am not ready to talk about the flirting incidents that happened on stream.

it takes a while to get to his house, but as soon as i get there i'm blown away. the house is huge and in a very nice neighborhood. i make a mental note to never make a joke about him being broke ever again.

i walk up to the front door and raise my hand to ring the doorbell, but i quickly lower it back to my side. i nervous comb my hair out with my fingers and sigh heavily. i don't know why i'm freaking out so badly, since i already know these two guys and it was implied that this is going to be a casual dinner.

i set my worry aside as i lift my hand up again and actually ring the doorbell. i hear a "ding dong" as soon as i apply pressure to the button and start to nervously look at the floor and the trees in the surrounding environment. i forgot how awkward it is to wait for someone to answer the door.

in a couple moments i notice a tall figure approaching the door. he's too tall to be sapnap, so that must mean it's-

"hi, cassia," dream greets as he opens the door with a smile. "how are you?" he ushers me inside and i give a stiff smile.

"i'm doing well," i half-lie. "how about you?"

"i'm good, i'm good. come on, the other two are in the kitchen."

he guides me through their house, which is even nicer on the inside. i thought that three male minecraft streamers would have zero taste in interior design, but boy was i wrong.