chapter 18- rules

"casserole!" noel shakes me awake in a panic. i groan and rub my eyes, then check the time.

"8:30? seriously, dude?" i ask.

"yes, dude! sapnap's waiting for you!"

that snaps me up really quickly.

"why? is he here right now? please tell me mom's not awake yet." i jump out of bed and swing my closet doors open, throwing a decent outfit onto the floor.

"she's gonna be awake and start interrogating the poor boy if you don't hurry up! come on!" noel rushes me as he leaves my room and goes back downstairs, probably to keep sapnap company.

why would he appear without warning? and at 8:30 in the morning? is he crazy?

i pull my sweater over my head and rush to my bathroom mirror, applying the quickest makeup i've ever done in my life. i don't even have my shoes on when i go downstairs.

noel wasn't lying: sapnap is sitting on our couch, talking to noel as if they've been best friends for years.

"uh, hi?" i say as i pull my right shoe over my sock. "why are you here?"

"second date," he replies casually.

"i'm pretty sure you're supposed to tell someone beforehand when you're taking them on a date. and i'm also pretty sure you don't have to take someone on a second date ten hours after you take them on the first one."

"i did tell you?" he responds so innocently that it makes me roll my eyes.

"no you did not." to prove my point, i take my phone out of my back pocket and open my texts, just to find he did text me. "2:30 AM texts don't count! that was six hours ago and i was asleep!"

"they count." sapnap stands up as i finish putting on my left shoe. "come on."

i eye noel as we leave, sending him a pleading look, but he just gives an obnoxious smile back.

"have fun," he mouths to me. i scowl as i leave with sapnap, the cool april air dusting against my face as we walk. it suddenly hits me that twitch con invitations are being sent out very soon, and i feel like we've barely done anything to ensure that i get an invitation. i speed up my walking to meet sapnap's pace.

"twitch con," i say suddenly, not thinking about how to open this conversation. "twitch con is coming up."

"yes it is," sapnap confirms. "it's the last week of april. invitations are supposed to come out today, if i'm not mistaken." my eyes grow wide and my breath gets caught in my throat.

"i'm barely any more popular than i was a week ago."

"that's not true. we're all the twitch community is talking about right now."

"are you serious?"

"i didn't stay up so late for nothing. i've been constantly checking what people are saying. take a look for yourself." he opens the car door for me and i get inside, taking my phone out as i do. i open twitter and see that my notification box has blown up, and so has the picture i posted.

"oh god, you were serious," i say as i scroll through my notifications and through the trending page. the tweets are full of speculation, and some people from the amusement park even posted the pictures i took of them and are putting in their two cents about the situation, stating they saw us holding hands before asking for a picture with sapnap.

"that's good, right?" sapnap asks.

"really good. it's great. also very nerve-wracking, every time i refresh my page there are more likes and comments. is this what you deal with every single time you post?"