chapter 17- darts

"don't take a picture of that, i look stupid," sapnap whines as we look at the picture the ride took of us. i ignore his pleas and take the picture anyway.

"i saw you take that!" he cries as i start putting my phone back in my pocket. "you have to delete that. i can't go on knowing you have that picture in your camera roll."

"relax, it's just for the archives. i'm not gonna post it anywhere," i say casually as we clasp our hands together again. "where now?"

we start walking away from the ride, struggling to agree on something to do. we bicker back and forth for a while before two teen girls approach us.

"are you sapnap?" one of them asks, her voice cracking nervously. sapnap smiles.

"i am, nice to meet you," he replies.

"could we get a picture with you?" she looks at him pleadingly and her friend nods.

"sure. cassia, could you take the picture?"

"of course," i reply, letting go of his hand. the girl that didn't talk hands me her phone, and i take it from her. i snap a couple pictures of the three of them before handing her back her phone.

"thank you, and thank you sapnap!" the one that asked for the photo says before her and her friend speed walk away giggling. sapnap walks back up to me once they are far enough away.

"you think they saw our hands?" he asks. i purse my lips and shrug.

"i hope so. you think they have a popular twitter account they can talk about it on?"

"i hope so." a couple moments of silence pass.

"anyway!" i grab sapnap's arm and we start walking around some more. "i'll take you to a baby ride. maybe you'll be able to handle that one." he scoffs.

"i was perfectly fine on the last ride."

"right..."

we go on a couple more rides, then get something to eat for dinner. between the rides and dinner, a total of three other groups ask sapnap to take pictures with them, which i take for them.

"what's your name?" one boy asks me as i hand him back his phone. his three friends snigger behind him.

"i'm cassia," i reply. "what's your name?"

"max, but you can call me-" he snickers quietly. "yours."

"oh!" i cringe as my jaw drops and his three friends pat him on the back, laughing wildly. max walks back up to me and asks for "my snap."

"uh, i don't give that out..." i trail off.

"awww," one of his friends says.

"L rizz," another says to max. i cringe again, this time at the use of that term.

"anyway," sapnap says through gritted teeth as he puts an arm around my shoulders. "we're gonna go now."

"bye sapnap! bye cassia!" they call after us, giggling, as we turn and walk away.

"wow..." i mutter as i cross my arms. "that was-"

"gross," sapnap interrupts. "i'm sorry about them."

"what for? it's not your fault, you don't have control over their actions. boys will be boys."

"that doesn't make it any less stupid." i smirk and elbow him softly in the ribs.

"look at you, going all soft and protective on me. you could easily be mistaken for my real boyfriend." he smiles and shakes his head.

"that's the goal, isn't it?"