Chapter 6: Startup Protocol

Location: Azur Lane main naval base / Pacific Ocean

Coordinates: [NOTICE: GPS RELAY STARTUP PENDING]

Current time: 16:33 - Afternoon

Weather: [NOTICE: WEATHER RADAR STARTUP PENDING]

Mission:  Restore - Monitor - Observe - Maintain

Kansen active: /

Kansen undergoing maintenance: FGS Hessen

________________________________________________________________________________

Still sitting on her frigate's helicopter pad, Hessen looks out to the sea. She is happy to conclude that her short-term plan worked, luckily without any losses. She's waiting for her helicopter to return to station, carefully controlling it from a distance.

She has already notified Vestal during all of this. Her reaction upon hearing that Enterprise is heavily damaged was... expected.
Anyhow, the base's repair teams are ready to accept any damaged kansen. The fact that the repair teams are primarily composed of manjuus apparently does not affect their efficiency, so Hessen lets it slide.

What she is surprised about, however, is that her helicopter sustained minor to almost no damage. She knew that deploying such aircraft would be risky - after all, a bulky multi-purpose helicopter is a much bigger and slower target than even an old propeller plane. A single blast of AA gun fire would have shot it down, and yet it did not happen. She even managed to directly engage the enemy with it in close proximity.

She must be more careful next time around. Losing her aircraft would be a very bad situation.
And yet, she is glad that she could provide at least limited support. 

If her engines were not damaged, though...

...

Well, things would be much more different.

Waiting for her helicopter to return gave her a lot of time to think. She wondered how this world's nations looked. Especially Germany - well, this world's version of Germany, at least. Problem is, visiting the same nations you are enemies with is not an option. Unless you visit them with non-peaceful intentions....

Her thoughts shift. What is going on back home? What about her comrades? She hopes that somehow, she could return back home. But she has higher priorities currently. Such as, finally getting her propulsion system repaired. However, Vestal would be occupied with repairing the other kansen currently inbound to the base.

But once her engines got repaired - this Azur Lane - Crimson Axis war would get influenced by a probably huge amount. Basically almost everything is set in place - She is almost fully repaired, her armaments are fully functional, and thanks to the Commander she could actually restock her ammunition, including missiles.

Once all is well, she thinks about her next steps. If she acts correct and sticks to her tactics, she should be capable of single-handedly taking out every single ship of this world who was foolish enough to get into radar range. Taking out targets from incredible ranges is a specialty of every single modern ship there is, including her. She has the speed, the stealth, and weaponry to maintain a safe distance.

If she strays too close to the enemy, however - she would be terminated very quickly. Modern ships rely on stealth, not raw armor. A single hit could cripple her ability to fight. She must make absolutely sure that this does not happen at any cost. Which is not difficult for her to do with the enemies she has faced thus far.
These so-called "Sirens" however worry her. She has heard about them and encountered a small amount of mass-produced Siren vessels back then, but never engaged in a direct battle with them. She must stay alert.