Chapter 13: 'Abyssal Incursion' Observation Report Alpha-1-1

TASK FORCE: Special Anomalous Investigation Strike Force 'LACUNA - 1'

STATUS: ACTIVE

MISSION: Find FGS Hessen and/or recover information - Conduct data gathering about 'The Otherworld' - Terminate all mission-endangering threats

NOTICE: Nuclear weapon usage !!PERMITTED!! - Required detonation codes provided to USS Gerald R. Ford and HMS Queen Elizabeth
ONLY USE IN WORST-CASE SCENARIOS

________________________________________________________________________________

The task force, upon reaching the other side of 'The Anomaly', was greeted by an ocean stretching far to the horizon, as well as the sky covered in the darkness of the night. It seemed as if nothing had particularly changed.

"Status report. Did everyone get through?"
Gerald R. Ford looked around, taking in her surroundings. Behind her, The Anomaly was still present - with her task force members tumbling out of it one by one.

"Urgh... my head is spinning..."
Sachsen-Anhalt said after exiting it.
"It felt like being spun around endlessly... like being in a centrifuge..."

Gerald R. Ford didn't blame her. Passing through The Anomaly was a highly strange experience - like being endlessly spun around while witnessing swirling colors before one's eyes.
She watched as the rest of the fleet, one by one, passed through, still a bit surprised that so many even volunteered.

Rheinland-Pfalz, Sachsen and Hamburg soon joined them, followed by Kent, Portland, U33 and U35. So far, all of them showed the expected reaction, having to rest a bit until their nausea wore off. Then the auxiliary ships came through - Alster, too, showed nausea, but the research ships Planet and Polarstern strangely did not. Somehow, they seemed more intrigued than bothered.

"How interesting! So this is how it feels to pass through a wormhole!"
Planet said, looking back at The Anomaly she just exited.

"Indeed! I let my sensors run on high gear during the entirety of it - the data is just phenomenal! And i thought the garbled data my probe picked up earlier was just background noise - but the opposite is true!"
Polarstern answered enthusiastically, examining the exit point closely.

Rheinland-Pfalz, while taking care of her sister, looked at them a bit surprised.
"...How did you NOT get sick during all this?"

"Being a research ship is much more than just sailing around and gathering data. Explaining it would take too long."
Planet answered, looking around the area.

Intelligence ship Alster noticed something interesting on Planet's rigging, deciding to throw in a question.
"Planet, with all due respect, for a 'harmless' research ship you seem to be particularly well armed."

"Hey! How do you know? I thought i hid my experimental torpedoes properly... But can you blame me? I am a naval weaponry research ship, after all... and i won't pass up an opportunity to gather armament data."
Planet responded bluntly. She was equipped with a hidden capability to launch torpedoes despite being a research ship, so having it exposed this easily is something she is not really calm about.

One last member of the fleet is still missing - aircraft carrier Queen Elizabeth - due to her acting as the rear guard. Shortly after this, she was ejected from The Anomaly with great force - unfortunately landing right on top of Polarstern, who was still examining The Anomaly from a close distance.

"Oh... i apologize for this display..."
Queen Elizabeth said, quickly helping Polarstern up.

"Ow... It's alright, but getting crushed by a carrier right at the beginning of the operation is not really pleasant..."
Polarstern said, rubbing the side of her head.