Chapter 15: Rough Reunion

TASK FORCE: Special Anomalous Investigation Strike Force 'LACUNA - 1'

Operation 'Abyssal Incursion' MISSION UPDATE:

Intel received - Proceeding towards primary objective w/ increased alertness.

Task Force status:
Nominal.

Updating faction designations with newly obtained data.

Azur Lane - Unknown due to lacking intel about leader. Assumed neutral.

Royal Navy - Neutral. Assumed friendly due to recent assistance towards Primary Objective.

Crimson Axis - Unfriendly until proven otherwise.

'Sirens' - Kill on Sight due to high threat level to both 'LACUNA - 1' and Primary Objective. Recovery of 'Siren' technology is to be executed if possible due to Secondary Objective.

________________________________________________________________________________

The task force left just as quickly as they arrived, leaving the Royal Navy with more questions than answers. After all, a massive armada of unknown kansen possessing technology from decades into the future arrived out of nowhere, asked where Hessen was, did not elaborate - and then just left.
The Royal Navy kansen wildly discussed between themselves about what this strange encounter entailed - What would they do if they got what they came for? What if they came back and turn hostile? Or perhaps - What if we somehow manage to set up friendly relations?
Radio communications bustled with activity - A majority of it intercepted by Alster. Under any other circumstance, it would have been amusing - but there is currently no time for such things.

Because meanwhile, on the other side of this situation, the modern task force acted in the complete opposite of this. A curtain of seriousness seemed to have descended upon them - even energetic kansen such as Hamburg and Portland grew silent, only speaking when the matter at hand is concerning the mission.

They arrived, they got their needed information, they left. Now, it is up to them to use it to further their most important goal.

The task force sailed in perfect formation - borderline robotic. Serious expressions were present on all of them. Even the two ambitious research ships, using the silent downtime between encounters, continued to work diligently towards turning the technology they recovered from the Sirens they faced so far to their advantage.

The two main carriers operated at their highest capacity, the roaring of their jet-propelled aircraft ever-so-present as they started and landed, perfectly coordinated with the two Anti-Aircraft frigates, ensuring that the airspace around them belongs to them, and them alone.

"Exclusion zone re-established. Air supremacy established for the time being. Status on subsurface situation?"
Gerald R. Ford asked, keeping tabs on everything related to the fleet. A message from U33 reaches her quickly.

"Status is nominal. No encounters of PoI or foreign contacts so far."
The two submarines U33 and U35 kept hiding beneath the surface of the ocean, escorting the fleet from the shadows as usual. Even during the encounter with the Royal Navy earlier, they had remained hidden underwater - observing the happenings above. This allowed them to discreetly collect useful information of vessels and kansen present on the waters of the port - something which Alster, among others, appreciated.

"Copy that. Duke-class, Baden-Württemberg-class - status report."

The frigates are currently in the process of re-configuring their munitions to comply with the requirements set by the information Alster and the research ships obtained.
Sachsen-Anhalt reported first.
"Status of Baden-Württemberg-class nominal. Reloading of 127mm main cannons with AP munition in progress."