Getting kidnapped sucks. But then you fall in love.

Jasmine’s P.O.V-

I never thought I’d see the day I was kidnapped. I know that people get kidnapped and raped and all of that other stuff but it never occurred to me that it would happen around where I lived. And especially to me.

My town was one of those rich towns. It was a very socialized and civilized town. You would see people out walking around every day. Even in the winter. But in this case, it was spring almost summer and I was walking from school which was only about two blocks from my house.

I was almost at my street just about to turn the corner when I felt someone grab my arm and yank me back into the bushes. I kicked and screamed and they knocked me unconscious before anyone had even noticed.

When I woke up I wasn’t in Sunny Ville any longer. Note my sarcasm. I was in a dark room with the smallest bit of light peering in through the window. Everything about this room was dark. The bed sheets were a navy blue. The windows were painted black. The walls were a mucky gray. The floor was your basic wood. I got up and went to the door only it was locked. The knob was gold as if it were actual gold and I decided that someone was probably outside the room right now so I kicked at the door with my foot. I still had my shoes on, thank god. I kept on kicking until I tired of it and started to use my voice instead.

“I don’t know what the fuck this is!” I yelled. “But you had better let me go you creep! My parents will be calling the police!”

A few minutes later I got tired of yelling and leaned against the door. I slid down to my but and pulled my knees up to my chest. I hung my head down and cried for awhile. I never thought that anything bad would ever happen to me, but I’d been wrong. The worst part of my life was that my father was a ghost and my mother was human. Their outcome was me, plain me. I fell asleep after a while of nothingness and woke up with the door hitting me. Someone had opened the door and it bumped into me because I was apparently on the floor. I sprang up and immediately they walked in then slammed the door closed.

“Who are you?” I demanded. “And why the fuck did you trap me here?”

“Listen” He said. “I can explain everything”

“So go ahead then” I said. “Cause kidnapping a teenage girl really only has one definition, if you’re aware of your surroundings”

“I’m not some anti social creep” He said. “I know what you’re getting out of it, and I know that’s not fair”

“Oh do you?”

“I do. But the only reason I did this was because you’re the last of your kind. I need you to survive”

“Survive? Off of me? What the hell are you talking about?”

“I’m a vampire” He said. “I can only survive off of specific sweet blood. You’re a sweet blood. My senses can tell me that. When a ghost and a human have a child that’s the outcome”

“Are you saying that you need to drink my blood to live?”

“Exactly” He said.

“Well then you can forget it” I said crossing my arms. “No way are you drinking my blood”

“It’s not really of a choice for you” He said stepping a little closer. He wasn’t exactly friendly at the moment.

“Is this your room?” I asked.

“It was my brothers. He was the same type of vampire as me. He didn’t drink sweet blood because he couldn’t find one and he died of it eventually. If I hadn’t found you, I’d probably be sick. This is why I have to drink right away”