Getting kidnapped sucks. But then you fall in love.

Stellar never slept so I decided that sleeping while he was awake was out of the question. Who knows what he was capable of while I was asleep?

Stellar told me that I was free to walk around and do what I wanted just so long I didn’t hurt myself or try to run away. So while he was in his room doing whatever he did I headed for the part of his apartment that I hadn’t seen. His apartment began with the living room and then off to the side was the kitchen and behind the living room was a hallway that spread off into different rooms. I noticed at the end of the hallway a photograph on the table under a mirror. I walked over and picked it up. It was Stellar and another guy smiling in the photo. I grabbed it and walked into Stellars room which was the room he’d locked me in.

“Who’s this?” I asked.

He looked up. He was sitting at his bed doing absolutely nothing but thinking with his hands in his lap.

“Who’s who?” He asked. I handed him the photo. He looked down at it with a remembrance in his eyes. He looked like he might cry, and I almost felt sorry.

“It’s- it was” He corrected. “My brother Steven. He died because he didn’t get the blood he needed. He was the same as me. He didn’t find a sweet blood in time. So he died”

“That’s awful” I said. “So, do you spend all day just sitting in your room doing nothing?”

“I do things” He said. “But I have a lot of patience so It doesn’t matter if I do things or not”

“If you don’t do things, you’ll probably die”

“You’re right” He said. “If I hadn’t gone out to find you, I would have”

“To find me? Were you looking for me?”

“No, I was looking for a sweet blood. I smelled your scent and knew it was you”

“And what? You feel all strong and worthy now that you’ve already drunk my blood?”

“Actually” Stellar said. “A little. I feel kind of strong but not some stupid overpowered jerk”

“You already are a jerk”

I think I got him there. With words not actions. So now I knew his weakness. And that was what I could use against him.

“Come on” He said getting up. “I want to show you something”

“No thanks” I said.

“It wasn’t an offer. And since you refuse to sleep I’m giving you something to do”

“How fun” I said sarcastically as I followed him out into the living room. I hated looking at the door, with bolts like you’d never believe. Stellar was so worried that he’d die, it was no wonder he trapped me here.

“So what do you want me to do?” I asked.

“Here” Stellar handed me a book.

“A book?” I asked. “Are you for real?”

“It’s history of the sweet blood. I thought you might just like to know what you are” He said.

“Thanks. Cause every girl wants a book to read especially when she’s staying up at night. Don’t you think there are a few other things you could do instead?”

“Like what? Throw a party?” Stellar asked sarcastically.

“Uh yeah” I said. “Something teenagerish. You know, not old peopleish”

“Maybe another time” He said. “My sister Delancy is coming in tomorrow. She’ll be staying a week and will keep you company while I’m at work”