Getting kidnapped sucks. But then you fall in love.

Don’t look in his eyes; don’t look in his eyes I kept on telling myself. I was sitting on the couch watching television and Stellar was sitting in a chair from across the room next to the air conditioner. In his hand was a drink with what I thought might be blood until it realized it could actually be mine from when he drank from me the first time we’d met. That sent a chill running through me but I ignored that with pretty little liars which was having a marathon on abc. I tried to focus on the TV but was having a hard time. My thoughts about his kidnapper personality kept creeping back to me even when I told myself it was stupid to even think about it. He was not hot and he was surely not hesitant. Well, actually he was hesitant. He’d been hesitant when he was drinking my blood and saw the tears that had been running down my face. He’d seen the pain he was putting me through for his own life.

“So are we just going to sit here all day and play the quiet game?” I asked.

“If we were playing the quiet game, you should have told me” He said.

“You know what I mean” I said.

“I already told you that it’s basic today. Nothing is going on except anything you might have in mind”

“Anything I have in mind? What do you mean?”

“Well” He said as if he were going to regret his words. “I know you’ve wanted to get outside and out of this apartment…”

“Yeah? And?” If I could maybe go someplace with him, then maybe could I find a way to escape.

“Never mind. It’s a bad idea” He said.

“No, it’s not” I argued. Then I stopped trying to make my voice sound desperate because I knew he’d suspect something. “I really would like some open air”

“You’d have to promise me not to run away while in public. And elsewhere I would have to tie you to the car”

“Where would we go?” I asked.

He shrugged. “Wherever you want to. But not today”

“Then what are we supposed to do today?”

“I’ve got a few things in mind”

Of course. Why am I not surprised?

“So then what?”

“Do you really want to know?”

“Yes, tell me”

Ten minutes later, I was standing in his attic going through boxes of his grandparents stuff.

“This isn’t what I had in mind” I said.

“Then what did you?” He asked. He was sitting in the corner of the room still holding his drink in hand but now he watched me intently. As if I’ll escape any better up here.

I shrugged. “Maybe something more fun. I don’t know”

“Antiques aren’t fun?”

“No. They’re stupid” I pulled out a photograph of who I guessed was his grandparents.

“Are these them?” I asked holding out the picture. In a flash he’d gotten up and walked over and held the picture out before himself.

“Yes” He said. “This is them”

“And what happened? They’re not alive anymore?”

“No” He said, sounding a bit sad. “They died when my brother and I were one. They were on a cruise I think”

“Why do you have all of their stuff?” I asked.

“Because my parents died too. But not until after we graduated. My brother and I” He said.