Getting kidnapped sucks. But then you fall in love.

Later that night I went into my new room since Stellar wasn’t around anyway. The room was filled with stuff. It had a twin size bed with a blue comforter on it. There was a bedside table with a small phone on it and a clock. The drawers were filled with my stuff. As I was seeing all of this I suddenly realized how sure Stellar was that I was never going to leave. It was a little creepy actually.

He got me an IPod too, even though he never seemed like the rich type. So I played through a few songs. They all seemed to be songs he liked. And the strangest thing of all was that I liked every single one of them. I set the IPod down and walked into Stellars room. He was sitting on his bed reading June’s diary.

He looked up as I walked into the room.

“Why are you doing this?” I asked.

“Doing what?” Stellar asked.

“Giving me all this crap” I said. “Are you trying to buy my friendship? Or in your case, my blood? You already take it anyways, so why are you doing it?”

He set down the diary on his bedside table. “Maybe I’m just trying to make you happy” He said.

“Why would you want me to be happy?” I asked.

He didn’t answer.

“Why?” I asked again.

“Because it’s already unfair you have to walk around my apartment as a human sacrifice, why take what you already had away from you?”

“And you aren’t afraid I’ll call the police on the phone you put in my room?”

“There’s no phone in your room” He said.

“Uh, yeah there is”

He got up and walked out. I followed him into my room. He unhooked the phone and walked back into his room and set the phone to the side.

“I’ll hide it later” He said. “Anyways, why don’t you go listen to some music or something?”

“Are you seriously trying to get rid of me?” I asked. I hadn’t forgotten about using words to get back at him. It seemed to work too.

“No” He said. “But it doesn’t accomplish anything for you to stand here and question me”

“And you’d only say that if you were reading June’s diary, which you are. But truth be told I already know June was someone you kidnapped before that ended up dying. Why read it again?”

“You don’t need to know that” He said.

“Know what?”

“Nothing”

I glared at him before turning and walking out. So here I am, in an apartment with a vampire that respects my freedom, and expects me to accept that. And that was so not going to work for me.

I looked over at the clock as I sat on the kitchen floor bored as hell.

9:45 pm.

It would be a few hours until daylight. I would have to try and stay up with Stellar because trusting him was out of the question.

But he walked into the kitchen and almost didn’t notice me there.

“What are you doing?” He asked.

“Being bored” I told him. “You give me no choice but to stare at clocks”

I swear it was exactly a second after I said that that there was a thunderous knock on the door. Both Stellar and I jumped a little. I heard what sounded like someone laughing and Stellar went to answer the door. I followed behind him to see who it was.

It was some guy and two girls. The guy was tall and both him and one of the girls was. They also had whitish skin like Stellar so I assumed they were both vampires. The other girl was shorter with dirty blond hair and scared blue eyes. She remained in front of them.

“Alex what is this?” Stellar asked annoyed. Alex seemed to be one of his old friends.

“C’mon Stellar don’t be such a-“The tall girl started but Stellar interrupted her.

“Who is she?” Stellar asked.

“A sweet blood” Alex said. “I thought maybe you and I could have some kind of kidnapping party”

The blonde girl locked eyes with me and she noticed that I was afraid too but not like she was. I wasn’t afraid of Stellar.

“You can come in and stay the night if you have to but don’t get crazy like you always do” Stellar said stepping off to the side. They walked in and Alex shoved the girl into the living room.

“No” Stellar said. “We have a drinking room”

Stellar showed Alex to the room and a few minutes later I heard her scream. Fear washed over me at the thought of that being me. I’d never screamed. I’d only cried.

Stellar emerged into the living room followed by Alex with some blood on his mouth and the girl. Alex looked better than he had before. I guessed he was a specific vampire too and was in need of blood.

“This is Kelsey and Alex some old friends of mine” Stellar told me. “They’ll be staying here the night. And this is Shay who’s another sweet blood. She’ll stay in your room”

Oh great. I get to share a room with a scared sweet blood. How fun.

“Why are they staying here?” I asked

“Cause our apartment burned down” Kelsey said. “Alex found Shay on the streets. You know if I were a specific vampire I’d have liked that, Shay has been smelling so good all night and I can’t even have any of her blood”

“Were getting a new place tomorrow” Alex said. “I was thinking of maybe living at an amusement park”

“We are so not living in an amusement park” Kelsey complained. “I want to live in a mansion”

Stellar told me to take Shay to my room and I did. She  was so quiet. I could hear Stellar arguing about something to Kelsey and Alex.

I closed the door as Shay walked into my room.

“So I’m not the only one here” I said. “You’re a sweet blood too”

She nodded.

“It sucks too because we could have gotten an escape plan but now there’s three vampires”

“And one of them has the insane idea of living at an amusement park” She commented.

“Hey you talk” I said.

“No shit”

“Oh, I didn’t mean to say it like that”

“Whatever” She said.

“You know, you seem a lot braver than what you appeared to be” I said.

“I have to be quiet” Shay said. “If I look scared they won’t suspect what I’m really going to do”

“Which is?”

“To kill Stellar” She said pulling out a knife. “Which I’ll do right now so they won’t even see it coming”

“No!” I said.

She seemed surprised.

“I mean” I said. “That’d be stupid. Alex and Kelsey will just kill you”

“Aren’t you forgetting that they need me?”

“And what’ll I do?”

“They’ll probably kidnap you too”

“I don’t want to be a part of some amusement park crap” I said. “And I sure as hell won’t let you do it”

“Oh really?” Shay asked turning to face me with the knife. She was in front of the door so I had no way to get to Stellar. But I was not going to let her kill him.

“Maybe I’ll just go for you instead” She said. “Maybe I’ll get to live with the cute guy and your blood can be in a jar on some prize winning shelf at an amusement park”